Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I was going to say that seeing a trio of rookies in a row there is nice. Apparently Rousek isn’t one though, but he may as well be. 

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

How have Houser and Subban looked?  Are either of them a good replacement for UPL in Buffalo?

Houser does not have an nhl contract

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was going to say that seeing a trio of rookies in a row there is nice. Apparently Rousek isn’t one though, but he may as well be. 

Houser does not have an nhl contract

The Sabres could purchase it from Rochester if they have the room.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

The Sabres could purchase it from Rochester if they have the room.

That’s not how it works. He has to sign a new deal. But anyway, they’re not going to give a contract to a 5th goalie unless it’s the doomsday scenario we’ve seen the last two years. Even with only 43 contracts right now, it’s not worth it to have less flexibility for any later moves this year. The only new goalie contracts are earmarked for Levi/Portillo in the spring. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

That’s not how it works. He has to sign a new deal. But anyway, they’re not going to give a contract to a 5th goalie unless it’s the doomsday scenario we’ve seen the last two years. Even with only 43 contracts right now, it’s not worth it to have less flexibility for any later moves this year. The only new goalie contracts are earmarked for Levi/Portillo in the spring. 

Where are you getting 43 from?  Puckpedia has it at 47.

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Where are you getting 43 from?  Puckpedia has it at 47.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

I wonder if they have a few signed in major junior that one site is counting and the other isn’t. 

edit: Savoie, Östlund, Bloom, Nadeau?

And I love that autocorrect fixed Östlund’s name because I have no clue how to type that. 

Edited by shrader
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Biro is an all-star, and the honor is well deserved imo.  He's had a good consistent year.  It's funny, when I watch him, I don't think I've ever been blown away.  But he puts up points consistently and appears to do the right things for the most part.  I don't think he gets the respect from a lot of Sabres fans b/c he wasn't drafted, but the guy definitely has talent.  Certainly a possible call up from Rochester at some point this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.