Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Because there was an expansion draft underway.  And Muckler exposed him to another expansion draft because he's an idiot & had no idea what he had.  Which is also why he gave up a ton for Fuhr, who, to Muckler's credit, he did trade away a couple of years later once he'd twigged onto the fact that Hasek was pretty d*mn good.

I hate this discussion but, the point you made regarding Mucks exposing Hasek to an expansion draft and Hasek not being drafted sorta makes Sauve’s point about Hasek not being any sort of valued commodity overall.

Although in Hasek’s case it isnt because he was yet to bloom, it was because noone recognized it, his own team and coaches included.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

No pride injured.  Just responding to a flat out untrue narrative.  Every time it gets repeated, will counter with the facts to dispel it.  And it gets repeated every 3-4 months.  Would expect by now that it wouldn't come up that often, but it still does.  

And, if his history in Czechoslovakia were known, his results wouldn't have been any more surprising than Roy's or Brodeur's.

Thank you.  I wanted you to know that I still back you 100% on this.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Fast forward to October 14, my ass in my seat. 

LIVE HOCKEY!

Giggidy gig.

Wifey & I will be there too.  Buddy of mine has a HS football game to attend.

So, going to be reimmersed back into live hockey w/ a fire hose.  3 games in 3 days.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.