Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

30 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Goalie shortages being what they are and his age being in the sweet spot for a goalie to do well, would not surprise me if he gets picked up 

If he does, he has to stay up for 30 days or x # of games or the Sabres get him back (if they want him) as soon as the claiming team tries to waive him.

Can't see anybody thinking he's their 2nd best option at present.

Subban cleared and Has been assigned to the Amerks. 

I was listening to a Podcast and they were wondering if given the depth of the Amerks Forward Group, would Kozak be better served by returning to Portland, playing Top Line Minutes to continue to see if He can continue to improve His Offense. 

Personally I would rather have Him develop under Peca as He will have a Third/Fourth Line Role with the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Goalie shortages being what they are and his age being in the sweet spot for a goalie to do well, would not surprise me if he gets picked up 

Remember that every team this time of year is releasing goalies, and if they claimed Subban he'd have to be on their NHL roster. Subban is 4th on the Sabres depth chart, a team who hasn't had the goaltending sorted out since Ryan Miller was here. Nobody is claiming him.

Edited by Mustache of God
typo for clarity
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

Remember that every team this time of year is releasing goalies, and if they claimed Subban he'd have to be on their NHL roster. Subban is 4th on the Sabres depth chart, a team who hasn't had the goaltending sorted out since Ryan Miller was here. Nobody is claiming him.

I'm glad we kept him. After last year it's clear we actually--God forbid--might need him. Also, there is that chance he actually turns the corner and becomes good. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That's what they said about Dom

Im sorry, are you comparing Subban to Dominik Hasek? A player who played 53 NHL games before his breakout and is arguably the best goaltender to every play the game. Subban has 86 games played btw. 

Anytime you have to go to the very greatest player to prove an exception, you just make the opposing argument stronger. Malcolm Subban isn't going to turn the corner and become good in the NHL. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Im sorry, are you comparing Subban to Dominik Hasek? A player who played 53 NHL games before his breakout and is arguably the best goaltender to every play the game. Subban has 86 games played btw. 

Anytime you have to go to the very greatest player to prove an exception, you just make the opposing argument stronger. Malcolm Subban isn't going to turn the corner and become good in the NHL. 

Dom was a nobody before he became the greatest goaltender ever. 

Subban might be good someday. 

To the bolded, no, not true at all. 

25 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dom was a nobody before he became the greatest goaltender ever. 

Subban might be good someday. 

To the bolded, no, not true at all. 

Dom was NOT a nobody.  He was the best goalie in the 3rd best league in the world 5 years running.  He had dominant stats in the AHL & the NHL the handful of opportunities he got at the NHL level.  That he had the misfortune of coming over to NA at the same time Belfour was having one of the best rookie seasons of all time & then had the misfortune of Muckler being too dumb to realize what he had did NOT make Hasek a nobody.

Was as happy the day the Sabres traded for Hasek as when they traded for Hawerchuk & then LaFontaine.  All 3 were special.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Dom was NOT a nobody.  He was the best goalie in the 3rd best league in the world 5 years running.  He had dominant stats in the AHL & the NHL the handful of opportunities he got at the NHL level.  That he had the misfortune of coming over to NA at the same time Belfour was having one of the best rookie seasons of all time & then had the misfortune of Muckler being too dumb to realize what he had did NOT make Hasek a nobody.

Was as happy the day the Sabres traded for Hasek as when they traded for Hawerchuk & then LaFontaine.  All 3 were special.  

Dom was a great surprise to almost everyone. 

I hope Subban is, too. 

Why this injures anyone's pride or gets their blood pressure flowing is beyond me. 

13 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dom was a great surprise to almost everyone. 

I hope Subban is, too. 

Why this injures anyone's pride or gets their blood pressure flowing is beyond me. 

No pride injured.  Just responding to a flat out untrue narrative.  Every time it gets repeated, will counter with the facts to dispel it.  And it gets repeated every 3-4 months.  Would expect by now that it wouldn't come up that often, but it still does.  

And, if his history in Czechoslovakia were known, his results wouldn't have been any more surprising than Roy's or Brodeur's.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Potential lines for the Amerks (without Bjork, Sheahan, Pilut or Fitz being returned)

Forwards

Biro Malone Rosen

Mersch Kulich Rousek

Kisakov Kozak Weissbach

Murray Pekar Cederqvist

Defense

Clague Laaksonen

Davies Priskie

Tischke Prow

ex: Eliot

Goalies: UPL Subban

What a nice looking lineup.  Some raw rookies like Kulich, Rosen, Kozak and Kisakov, but no denying their talent. 4 forwards, 4D and both goalies w some NHL experience. Real physical 4th line.  I worry a little about the D.  Adding Fitz to the group would help.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Potential lines for the Amerks (without Bjork, Sheahan, Pilut or Fitz being returned)

Forwards

Biro Malone Rosen

Mersch Kulich Rousek

Kisakov Kozak Weissbach

Murray Pekar Cederqvist

Defense

Clague Laaksonen

Davies Priskie

Tischke Prow

ex: Eliot

Goalies: UPL Subban

What a nice looking lineup.  Some raw rookies like Kulich, Rosen, Kozak and Kisakov, but no denying their talent. 4 forwards,  Real physical 4th line.  I worry a little about the D.  Adding Fitz to the group would help.  

That is an intriguing lineup. Lots of development up front as the year progresses.

This Is Laaksonen’s make or break season. If he doesn’t improve or breakthrough this season they probably move on.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Subban is a good depth goalie and an amazing teammate. He will probably play a few games for Buffalo this season which is fine.

No offense to him at all, but really hoping he doesn't see any action in Buffalo this year.  It's been far too long since this was a 2-3 goalie/ season team & they're due.  With Anderson in the top 2, can't see them getting through the year entirely on just 2 goalies.  But getting by w/ just 3 would be a step in the right direction.  (And won't hold a game or 2 for Levi against them.  Pretty sure that's already part of the deal to get him to leave NE as soon as the Huskies season is done.)

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No pride injured.  Just responding to a flat out untrue narrative.  Every time it gets repeated, will counter with the facts to dispel it.  And it gets repeated every 3-4 months.  Would expect by now that it wouldn't come up that often, but it still does.  

And, if his history in Czechoslovakia were known, his results wouldn't have been any more surprising than Roy's or Brodeur's.

Who did we trade to acquire him? 

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I just want the point made it was not that much 

Because there was an expansion draft underway.  And Muckler exposed him to another expansion draft because he's an idiot & had no idea what he had.  Which is also why he gave up a ton for Fuhr, who, to Muckler's credit, he did trade away a couple of years later once he'd twigged onto the fact that Hasek was pretty d*mn good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.