Rochester Americans 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

The good thing is the Amerks have a couple more practices prior to Opening Night on Friday against the Toronto Marlies and Appert and his staff plan on going over ample video to try and help teach the newcomers just what it will take to be in this league before puck drop.

Although, we all know that will take a little time when we’ve had the prime examples of forwards JJ Peterka and Jack Quinn the last two seasons.

“We're going to have to do a lot of teaching with these with young players early, just like we did with our young forwards the last two years.”

Appert then finished with, “I've said it before. Everybody looks at the end product of Quinn and Peterka in the American League last year, but they don't remember the adversity they faced a long way and I keep reminding these young guys of that because there's going to be a lot of adversity before there's success.”

If we know anything from the last two years in the Flower City, the benefits from a little patience with the young prospects will eventually garner much reward. So, patience is key and there’s a lot to look forward going into the Amerks 2022-23 campaign if the past two seasons 

I

• Like (+1) 1

Good Pekar is back to health and ready to battle for playing time. Bjork adds a solid, speedy vet. Maybe get one in for Jobst, but when healthy, this lineup has some pretty nice depth at forward. (Yes, there's a youngster on each line who'll need quite a bit of seasoning and strength.) Game 1 lineup:

Rosen - Malone - Mersch
Murray - Kozak - Weissbach
Rousek - Biro - Kulich
Cederqvist - Jobst - Kisakov

Bjork, Pekar, Warren, Olischefski

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Seth Appert was on WGR last week and spoke glowingly about Rosen.  He said Rosen's improvement from the summer to now has been remarkable.

This is great to hear.  He was the prospect I was most down on given his performance last year.  Maybe he just needed a stable environment and not being shuttled league to league.  If he can emerge as a top prospect, he and Savoie could force KA to make some really hard decisions next off-season.  

Long way to go, but what a nice problem to have.  It wasn’t that long ago we couldn’t even field a legit NHL team.

31 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

No official announcement from the team, but the AHL transaction page has Brandon Davidson being signed. Hopefully he’s more of a permanent replacement for Pilut, and I can’t see him coming back. 

They’re not going to keep 8 defensemen in Buffalo when everyone is healthy.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

No official announcement from the team, but the AHL transaction page has Brandon Davidson being signed. Hopefully he’s more of a permanent replacement for Pilut, and I can’t see him coming back. 

He’s probably their best defenseman 🤯

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.