Devon Levi watching Sabres morning skate

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Curt said:

It’s nice to know.  Along with him bothering to appear as a guest on Buffalo Sabres fan podcast and some other general comments that he has made, I’m not worried about him signing next offseason.

Its also nice to know that the organization is reaching out to make available opportunities like this to build relationships with their prospects.  For the individual players/people I’m sure that it makes a world of difference.

Says a lot about GMKA. Very welcome change.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Checking out his buddies Krebs, Cozens and Power.

I refuse to worry about Levi, Portillo or Johnson until we see signs that they are less than happy with organization and the opportunity it offers.

We’ve seen none aside from panicky posters. And what we have seen seems to indicate the opposite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I refuse to worry about Levi, Portillo or Johnson until we see signs that they are less than happy with organization and the opportunity it offers.

We’ve seen none aside from panicky posters. And what we have seen seems to indicate the opposite.

Did you see any signs from Peterson prior to him jumping ship?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Events like today, combined with Levi needing 2 more years to get to UFA, make me reasonably confident that he'll sign with the Sabres.

Has there been any comparable event with Portillo or Johnson, each of whom is 1 year away from UFA?  I'm not aware of any, but something similar could certainly have occurred.

It's all about culture and winning.  The Bills, for years, had to overpay for free agents to come to Buffalo.  Now, guys on the team want to stay and often take less money to stay.  Guys around the league want to come play for the Bills organization.  

In recent years, the Sabres have been terrible with no signs of improvement, so it made sense that guys with options did not want to be part of the organization.  With the recent culture change headed up by Adams and Granato, and the beginnings of success on the ice, players will starting having a much more open mind about playing for the Sabres.  If the type of success they've had the last couple of months can carry into next season and be sustainable, guys will WANT to play for the Sabres, including guys like Levi, Portillo and Johnson.  Sure, some players may have reasons to opt for other teams (playing closer to home, etc.), but if the current momentum continues, guys will sign.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hasn't been a single report about him I've lost hope 

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Events like today, combined with Levi needing 2 more years to get to UFA, make me reasonably confident that he'll sign with the Sabres.

Has there been any comparable event with Portillo or Johnson, each of whom is 1 year away from UFA?  I'm not aware of any, but something similar could certainly have occurred.

Not that I’m aware of. Of course they were playing during the Final 4, and the Sabres haven’t been to Minnesota or Detroit since their season ended.

Adams and Pegula watched Portillo and Johnson in the Final 4 and probably talked to them, considering we know Adams has talked to them at regular intervals throughout the year, and that the development staff talks with them on a continual basis.

We’ve heard from Adams mouth last week that he’s been given no indication Portillo plans to bolt, on the contrary, he’s been told the Portillo family looks at the Sabres as a great opportunity.

We’ve heard from Johnson’s mouth how valued the Sabres have made him feel and how much he appreciates the relationship he has with the development staff and how it loves the collection of young players and the direction the team is headed.

We know, for a fact, the vast majority of drafted players who play a full 4 years in college and are offered a contract end up signing with the team that drafted them.

We know the high-profile ones who don’t - Vesey, Fox, Butcher - generally make it known they intend to exercise free agency well ahead of that time.

I’ll worry when I’m given reason to worry.

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Signs? Yes.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

That is a good sign that Levi is watching. Cozens and Krebs are friends of his.

I read somewhere yesterday that Levi is into some Virtual Reality training software. The article was saying there are two current NHL goalies using this as well. Grubauer was one of them, I’ll search for the story and post a link.

52 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Didn't Kevyn go to some of the Frozen Four games and visit with prospects?

Would be nice if he could stay in town a little bit to catch the final game against the Hawks.  Hoping it is a fairly full house for RJ's last game and that he can get a feel for the atmosphere (in the arena) that he could become a part of.

Nevermind, I just realized that the Sabres were in Boston....my bad!

Edited by Carmel Corn

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Hasn't been a single report about him I've lost hope 

Um, this is a report of him watching the Sabres. What are you not getting?

And I know you are just trolling anyway, but your lack of punctuation is annoying. I shouldn't have to try this hard to realize I don't care about your post.😂

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

At the time he was in our system the ship he was expected to be on had a number of gaping holes and sinking fast. Those holes have been patched and the ship is now smoothly sailing in more tranquil waters. Different time, staff and boat. 

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Um, this is a report of him watching the Sabres. What are you not getting?

And I know you are just trolling anyway, but your lack of punctuation is annoying. I shouldn't have to try this hard to realize I don't care about your post.😂

I think he was referring to JOHNSON in his post.

• Like (+1) 1