Owen Power Paired With Henri Jokiharju

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

My got our defense is so bad

Bryson/Fitz shouldn’t even play 

They got exposed in the recent stretch of tough opponents.   

It's good tho, we know their ceilings and can move forward.

30 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Power dude gain some weight... friggin scrawny

He's played a ton of hockey this year on 47 different continents nonetheless.   

He's gonna look a bit worn out, my expectations for this season are low.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d like to see that top 4 for the rest of the season and see how it works. If Samuelson-Dahlin is a good first pairing that reduces our RD need significantly and we would only need to add one good vet on the right side. If it doesnt work out, but Power-Joki looks good, we can focus on getting a good partner for Dahlin and then we can have Samuelson and a UFA make up a “3rd” pair that probably gets a lot of defensive zone starts and PK time.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's play a game: take guesses at Power's ice time for tomorrow night. I have no clue what to do for whomever is closest. You'll have my respect and I'll buy you a beer if we're ever at the same game

I'll go with 17:25 for the young man

1 minute ago, Stads said:

Let's play a game: take guesses at Power's ice time for tomorrow night. I have no clue what to do for whomever is closest. You'll have my respect and I'll buy you a beer if we're ever at the same game

Yeah, that's probably about it.  I was going to say 17 minutes.

Just now, Stads said:

55:00. His only time off the ice for being a major for pounding the snot out of Matthews!😛

I am going to go with 19:45 including some PP time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Anybody know if the Leaf's game is on regular MSG tomorrow?  Hoping it's not ESPN+

In the app it doesn’t have the Hockey Night logo on it, so it doesn’t look like it is an ESPN+ only game.

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Fitz and Bryson will be a disaster in their own end.      I'd have gone with....

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Pysyk
Jokiharju - Bryson

Agree. Put Power with the veteran.  Joker makes the 3rd pair stronger. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don't think there is any question Jokiharju is a better defenceman right now than Pysyk.

And I don't mean more talented, I mean he defends better, he transitions better and he attacks better.

Over the season Pysyk has proven to be what he has been the past few years: a low-risk 6-7 who gets exposed against better players and with overuse.

I'm not pairing Pysyk with him because Pysyk is better, but because he is a long term veteran and could teach and communicate with the kid better. Joker plays more of that Euro style of D which I don't care for personally, but if you're going that way he pairs better with Dahlin as he has been. I don't think he'd compliment or help Power.

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Doubt it means much to be honest. If anything it may make a LHD vet defender possible but I doubt they want to go into next year with Jokiharju as their elder statesman on defense.

Fitz strikes me as a AAAA player or 7/8 guy. He’s a perfect gritty filler player but nowhere good enough to be a game in game out Top 6.

I like Fitz, but more for his attitude and effort level. I think that type of player is good for the team building, even if they aren't the most talented guy out there. I personally would play Fitz ahead of a slightly more talented guy if that guy didn't have that attitude. (emphasis on slightly). At the moment I keep Fitz in the line up, but he should be in the bottom pairing.

37 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I like Fitz, but more for his attitude and effort level. I think that type of player is good for the team building, even if they aren't the most talented guy out there. I personally would play Fitz ahead of a slightly more talented guy if that guy didn't have that attitude. (emphasis on slightly). At the moment I keep Fitz in the line up, but he should be in the bottom pairing.

I agree with and endorse this take.

I like Fitzgerald as a 6/7/8 defenseman.  He is home grown.  He can sit sometimes, play in the bottom pair and play a little PK at other times, as well as be a team unifying personality.  I think I’d be comfortable with him in that type of role for the next few years.  I doubt he forces his way into a higher spot in the lineup, but I think there is value in not only his skill set, but also keeping around home grown players.

I feel the same way about Bryson right now.  Different skill set though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.