Practice Lines 1-24-22

Brawndo

Does anyone else not really like the idea of Tuch killing penalties and potentially taking shots off his ankles or other body parts. 

I get, it happens during a game but PK is actively trying to eat pucks. 

Just seems risky for no good reason. Save it for the post season...whenever that is. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Does anyone else not really like the idea of Tuch killing penalties and potentially taking shots off his ankles or other body parts. 

Just seems risky for no good reason. Save it for the post season...whenever that is. 

I agree with you on Tuch on the PK.

That is why you have 4th line guys (and maybe 3rd liners). PK is sometimes less about talent and more about effort and discipline.  You should be able to get 3-4 or 5 guys that can be your 3rd or 4th liners that will be just as good of penalty killers as someone like Tuch (maybe BETTER because they will have less ice time the rest of the game and always be a little fresher for the PK)

The opposite of that ice time thing is true also...if Tuch is going to be a key even strength guy and a Power play guy, then give him a full 2 minutes of rest during the PK, so he is fresh once the PK is over.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 3

Not sure where this belongs, but I wanted to see where our offense was coming from in recent weeks and where were we record wise.

In general the team is actually playing better.  We are 3-3-1 in our last 7 games with 20 goals scored 22 goals against.  

The good news is that 18 players (12 forwards and 6 D) have had at least 1 pt in the least 7 games, but 6 players are leading the way.  At forward Skinner (5g 3a), Tuch (2g 5a), Thompson (2A, 3A) and Cozens (2G, 3A) lead the forwards while Dahlin has taken his game to another level (1g, 6a) and Jokiharju is also contributing (1g, 3a).

A couple of other things that stood out and may explain why Jankowski is playing higher in the lineup.  He has 3 pts recently with Asplund and Olofsson only have 1 assist each in the last 7 games.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

A couple of other things that stood out and may explain why Jankowski is playing higher in the lineup.  He has 3 pts recently with Asplund and Olofsson only have 1 assist each in the last 7 games. 

If I'm not mistaken two of those three points are goals.

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

would love to see JJ be called up and replace Bjork

Bjork... Why is that guy still in the NHL?!

Same with Eakin and Hayden. In fact why was Hayden ever in the NHL?! He has zero redeeming qualities. At least Bjork is fast and can fool you into thinking there's potential there. Hayden is just a whole lot of nothing.

The Sabres are currently a -31 in goal differential. Had we dressed Power, Peterka, Quinn, and Krebs (assuming we had him) instead of clowns like these guys (throw Butcher in the mix) and had slightly above NHL replacement level goaltending, would we get to even on goal differential which would be borderline playoff level? How about next year?

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

I have no problem with it and like it in fact. Boston doesn't take Marchand and Bergeron off the ice cause the PK is too dangerous do they?  Tuch's good at it, use him on it, simple as that. Goes for every player. 

We don't need to take Tuch off things, we just need more players like Tuch, and we need the kind of team leadership a top player blocking shots shows. 

It's time this team developed a constant ethic of work hard and do whatever it takes to win. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.