GDT - Flyers @ Sabres - January 22, 2022 - 1:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

woods-racer

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Last game he was brutal but today he is better than Risto.

Dahlin taking himself out of Lady Byng contention today.

I feel like his physical, puck eating play is good for a 7-8 guy 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I hope Muel learns something from that.

This should be the spelling of Muel imo

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I would have really liked to have seen what exactly Dahlin did to earn a penalty, or what the call was.

As he was falling he hooked his right arm around the Flyers leg and caused him to fall.  Sneaky play if you can get away with it.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Well this was a nice win and a nice surprise.

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Not a single hat trick. Disgusting.

With 15 minutes to go and 3 plays sitting on 2 goals...  trying to win back the fans...  Skinner 1 missed shot. Krebs 0 shots. Thompson 1 shot. (Thompson had 2 total shots in the third.) You can't get a hat if you don't shoot the puck.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

With 15 minutes to go and 3 plays sitting on 2 goals...  trying to win back the fans...  Skinner 1 missed shot. Krebs 0 shots. Thompson 1 shot. (Thompson had 2 total shots in the third.) You can't get a hat if you don't shoot the puck.

Still need to develop a Killer Instinct muscle…

that was VERY enjoyable for a change. 

Most of all I was impressed that we played much better team defense. Blocked shots, broke up plays, back checked, even threw a few hits. Solid team play. We haven't seen much of that this year so this is very encouraging. 

I really like Samuelsson. Definitely something we were missing. We could use another one like him on the right side to complete this D. Reminds me a lot of Bill Hajt for you old timers. 

The light at the end of the tunnel is showing, and it just might not be a train after all. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

that was VERY enjoyable for a change. 

Most of all I was impressed that we played much better team defense. Blocked shots, broke up plays, back checked, even threw a few hits. Solid team play. We haven't seen much of that this year so this is very encouraging. 

I really like Samuelsson. Definitely something we were missing. We could use another one like him on the right side to complete this D. Reminds me a lot of Bill Hajt for you old timers. 

The light at the end of the tunnel is showing, and it just might not be a train after all. 

16-13 hits… Sabres played physical… Tuch, Samuelson, and the others up from the Amerks play a physical  game…  Bringing it out in Dahlin…

Edited by Believer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.