GDT - Flyers @ Sabres - January 22, 2022 - 1:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

woods-racer

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I like Krebs but he's not gonna be a goal scorer per say

The beauty is that if he occasionally shows shot and works on it, he doesn't need to be. The threat of the shot opens the way for his slick passes to Quinn, Olofsson, Tager, Power, Dahlin, JJP, Poltapov, etc.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Han shot first

I'm an old-schooler who went from VHS to the first DVD with the bad original reprint disc and then into the despecialized cuts. I haven't seen Greedo shoot in years and years (except once on Disney+ to hear the inserted "Maclunkey!" which I found to be fun and silly, no harm/no foul). Han shot. That is all that happened.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

We're playing well, but man, Philly looks like a team in complete meltdown. Risto sends another franchise into teardown rebuild mold..................

This is very enjoyable so far. 

The key is for Philly to bottom out next season so that our 2023 2nd from them is at the top of the round.

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

A quick peek at the schedule and I believe the Sabres have lost 6 games in a row and 5 games in a row once so far this year.

Flyers are in a 10 game losing streak.

Losers rejoice 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I've had the same thought:  The Sabres have a plethora of $750k NHLers and the cap space to take a contract back.

Wouldn't it be something if Adams already has a wink wink deal in place for when the time comes?

I know I'm getting carried away but that would be a very shrewd move IMO

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I've had the same thought:  The Sabres have a plethora of $750k NHLers and the cap space to take a contract back.

It would be fun...  but we know the drill. VGK's injured players will be practicing with the team but in non-contact jerseys and not fully ready to come back until the playoffs. And the NHL will let it go because the GMs make up the rules and want that Kucherov-capability for themselves. Eichel will get warmup games going into the playoffs while a couple other veterans are on IR "recovering". They won't have to move anyone until the offseason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.