Jack Quinn, LBI and will miss 4-6 weeks

LGR4GM

19 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

This is not true.  I have a twitter account but I just went to another browser that I've never used twitter on and I could see tweets.

thanks for the info. It seems to work with firefox... Why it does this with MS Edge I don't know.. I don't have many browser options at work where I do all my reading 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

On wgr this morning Hamilton mentioned he thought Quinn was about 2 weeks away. 

I bet they are erring on the side of caution. 

No need to rush him back.  It isn't going to make a difference in the standings and ultimately they'll want him healthy for the AHL playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

slide that MOFO. Get him off of the Power timeline... and Krebs, and Mitts, and Dahlin. Yea don't need Quinn in that same offseason. 

Oh yeah, they are definitely going to do that.  Slow play his return.  Start him off back in the AHL to get his feet under him.  If he is doing well, bring him back up to the NHL for a few games.  Then send him back down to get that AHL playoff experience.

I didn’t realize that his ELC could slide again.

Dahlin, Power, Jokiharju, Mittelstadt, and Krebs all in the same offseason?  They better get some of those done in the 2023 offseason or it’s going to be very very very busy in 2024.  Maybe they could get Dahlin done early.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I’m trying to contain my enthusiasm but I haven’t been this geeked about a prospect since Mogilny defected.  Obviously, there was reason to be excited about Rasmus, Sam and Jack but the expectations were so high; those guys almost had no chance to live up to it.  The Quinn pick was scoffed at by the Rossi fanbois.  Seeing this kid surpass everyone’s expectation has been invigorating.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’m trying to contain my enthusiasm but I haven’t been this geeked about a prospect since Mogilny defected.  Obviously, there was reason to be excited about Rasmus, Sam and Jack but the expectations were so high; those guys almost had no chance to live up to it.  The Quinn pick was scoffed at by the Rossi fanbois.  Seeing this kid surpass everyone’s expectation has been invigorating.  

Rossi aside, Quinn just passes the eye test every time I watch him. He looks like a good hockey player. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

It might be tough if he continues where he left off.

Perhaps. But I'd rather have him being a team leader in a playoff push (ROC has slipped from 2nd to 4th since his callup) and expecting to win while working on his game, rather than getting used to losing while working on his game. The sliding of his contract is the cherry on top. Hopefully, he'll get tons of money someday, and I want that timeframe to be aligned with when the Sabres are good and getting even better.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:31 PM, LGR4GM said:

slide that MOFO. Get him off of the Power timeline... and Krebs, and Mitts, and Dahlin. Yea don't need Quinn in that same offseason. 

As @LGR4GM notes, that 24-25 offseason is already an RFA doozy. And we might add 1 or 2 of our college goalies to that offseason as well. Slide the Quinn!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.