Jack Quinn, LBI and will miss 4-6 weeks

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Jack Quinn, LBI and will miss time
21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think @Brawndo has posted not too long ago -- maybe in response to Lehner's accusations about poor medical treatment here -- that the Sabres have made a number of changes in their medical staff (Brawndo, I apologize if I am mis-remembering here).

Still:  WTF?  Something appears to be amiss here.

The guy who screwed up Lehner was fired after only 8months on the job. Another one of Tim Murray's many failures. 

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think @Brawndo has posted not too long ago -- maybe in response to Lehner's accusations about poor medical treatment here -- that the Sabres have made a number of changes in their medical staff (Brawndo, I apologize if I am mis-remembering here).

I don't believe we can attribute most of the injuries this year to any type of conditioning or on the medical staff, if anything they seem to be erroring on the side of keeping them sidelined longer.

Covid, slashing injuries, pucks to the neck, awkward falls/hits into the boards are bad luck.

9 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Hopefully, it's not serious.  I hope that KA gets an infusion of toughness into this lineup to help protect the young core already here as well as those arriving in the future.

Will we ever stop saying this? Honestly if you can show me the play that was Quinn getting taken advantage without anyone "protecting him" I will be fine. If not this is the same stuff Sabres fans have been saying since Ryan Miller got run. Steve Ott, Pat Kaleta, John Scott... etc... 

Maybe this young core needs to not have that so they can learn that no one is going to defend them other than themselves. 

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

9 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I don't believe we can attribute most of the injuries this year to any type of conditioning or on the medical staff, if anything they seem to be erroring on the side of keeping them sidelined longer.

Covid, slashing injuries, pucks to the neck, awkward falls/hits into the boards are bad luck.

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The guy who screwed up Lehner was fired after only 8months on the job. Another one of Tim Murray's many failures. 

The Sabres Medical and Training Staff when Lehner was here, particularly the latter was horrible. 
As a matter of fact, the outdated rehab methods used with Eichel’s First High Ankle Sprain delayed His Return. 
Training Methods can be blamed for conditions such as Sports Hernias 🤔

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Will we ever stop saying this? Honestly if you can show me the play that was Quinn getting taken advantage without anyone "protecting him" I will be fine. If not this is the same stuff Sabres fans have been saying since Ryan Miller got run. Steve Ott, Pat Kaleta, John Scott... etc... 

Maybe this young core needs to not have that so they can learn that no one is going to defend them other than themselves. 

Did I say that I know the exact play where Quinn's injury occurred?  No, I didn't.  For all I know, he injured himself on the way to the shower.  As I read about Quinn's injury, I was simply thinking of the future, those who are here and those to come, of this team that, right now, cannot fight or protect its way out of a wet paper bag.

This team is physically rolled more often than not.  The kids do not need a laissez-faire approach of throwing them to the wolves to toughen them up.  The Sabres have gone that route and it hasn't worked.  They need support in this area and KA should provide that.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres Medical and Training Staff when Lehner was here, particularly the latter was horrible. 
As a matter of fact, the outdated rehab methods used with Eichel’s First High Ankle Sprain delayed His Return. 
Training Methods can be blamed for conditions such as Sports Hernias 🤔

Casey had a sports hernia? 

edit.

These things you mentioned are from years ago, what staff is left from all that?

Edited by woods-racer

25 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Did I say that I know the exact play where Quinn's injury occurred?  No, I didn't.  For all I know, he injured himself on the way to the shower.  As I read about Quinn's injury, I was simply thinking of the future, those who are here and those to come, of this team that, right now, cannot fight or protect its way out of a wet paper bag.

This team is physically rolled more often than not.  The kids do not need a laissez-faire approach of throwing them to the wolves to toughen them up.  The Sabres have gone that route and it hasn't worked.  They need support in this area and KA should provide that.

barf, I fully disagree with everything written above and have explained why far too often on this board to go into again. This team doesn't need to fight and they already have shown they are protecting themselves. 

32 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Does anyone have any clue when it happened? I'm assuming knee on knee that went un-seen on the broadcast when they say he needs an MRI.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.