The Rasmus Dahlin Goal v. Dallas

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This is what he was drafted for and we need more of this in the offensive zone. I thought the Dallas game was one of his best yet as he played physical in his own end, made smart plays to exit the zone and at times absolutely dominated the O zone. 

Played almost 30 minutes. He needs more help 

• Like (+1) 1

More needs to be made about the “A” on his jersey.

Especially in the context of that locker room speech Granato gave a few weeks back when he told the team they needed to watch Rasmus and learn to approach the game the same way.

Remember 6 months back when we were talking about how part of this season was giving space to allow new leaders to emerge?

Public perception of where Rasmus is lags well behind organizational perception.

I’m firmly on Granato’s side on this one.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 9

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

His assist on Quinn's goal was even better than his own goal last night. A no-look tap pass between his legs right to Quinn? How was that even possible?

Have to agree. HOT TAKE: Sweet assists > sweet snipes 

(I’ve always been drawn to the beauty and vision of playmaking)

• Like (+1) 3

Dahlin's goal was nice but his defensive play still sucks.     He was beat to the net on more than one occasion for prime scoring chances.    He just doesn't seem to be improving at all in his own zone which should be a huge concern.

My fear is he's becoming Erik Karlsson, a career minus player (-67) who's a massive liability in his own end.     Sure he'll put up points, but won't move the needle in win column.    

32 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Dahlin's goal was nice but his defensive play still sucks.     He was beat to the net on more than one occasion for prime scoring chances.    He just doesn't seem to be improving at all in his own zone which should be a huge concern.

My fear is he's becoming Erik Karlsson, a career minus player (-67) who's a massive liability in his own end.     Sure he'll put up points, but won't move the needle in win column.    

Jon Stewart What GIF

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Show me clips of your ideal defenseman at age 21.

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Have to agree. HOT TAKE: Sweet assists > sweet snipes 

(I’ve always been drawn to the beauty and vision of playmaking)

Agree. Which is why I was/am drawn to Reinhart and others that just see the ice incredibly and pass so well.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Brian Leetch wasn’t exactly a defensive stalwart, HOF and a Cup.

8 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

His assist on Quinn's goal was even better than his own goal last night. A no-look tap pass between his legs right to Quinn? How was that even possible?

I agree.  That was one amazing pass. On the NHL network highlight shows, they talk about Quinn excellent shot, but not one mention of the sick pass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.