The Rasmus Dahlin Goal v. Dallas

LGR4GM

On 1/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, LGR4GM said:

This is what he was drafted for and we need more of this in the offensive zone. I thought the Dallas game was one of his best yet as he played physical in his own end, made smart plays to exit the zone and at times absolutely dominated the O zone. 

This is what he is, a stud on the puck, a horse that you can build your team around.  Granato has such a calming presence and it feels like, he kept preaching the same message and finally it sunk in.  Dahlin is playing like he did in Frolunda and he looks like a different player.  Attack and push!

• Like (+1) 2

I like how all the other teams were crying for him to get traded, because we ruined him.  Instead, we brought in a coach with success at the national and with collegiate experience who is a communicator and it opened up Rasmus' game.  Stripping the team down, getting rid of the "white noise" and frustrated player core, has allowed players like Thompson, Dahlin, Skinner, Asplund, to grow on the ice, and off the ice.  I will eat cow on Thompson for days, I thought he was done here.  I have been stating for days, unleash Dahlin.  Olofsson is the one player who has had serious growing pains this year.   In addition, Tuch has added an element that we haven't had in a while.  Speed, grit, leadership and positivity. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Food for thought 

On Wednesday’s Jeff Marek Show, Friedman and Marek where talking about the package it would take for the Panthers to acquire Jakob Chychrun from Arizona. 

Marek mentioned Spencer Knight, Anton Lundell and a First as a return. Friedman agreed that this is the type of return it would take to acquire Him. 

Would you do this trade for Dahlin?

Nope. 

Already have their first. I'm skeptical of Knight. Lundell is nice but what's he give us we don't currently have?

On 1/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, LGR4GM said:

Nope. 

Already have their first. I'm skeptical of Knight. Lundell is nice but what's he give us we don't currently have?

He doesn't do much for the Sabres in current position.  Sure would a left side of Dahlin, Chychrun, Power be potent yes.  But at the same time, do we want to give up:  Quinn, Cozens or Peterka, plus UPL and a 1st.  The pick assets are probably the easiest to let go of, but at the same time you have to consider that we're not in the "win now" window.   We're still quite a few core pieces away from contending in our own division.  While Chychrun helps that, and his contract is fantastic, it's not a great fit.  Honestly, with his contract being so team friendly, it's why the cost, along with his age has him so high.  Of course his skill is there, but his 4.6 or so cap hit, has a big thing to do with it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.