GDT- Devils at Sabres, 12/29/2021, 7 pm ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

We need to learn to play against the mero-area teams. 

3 wins in the last 17 versus NYR

4 wins in the last 18 versus NYI

1 win in the last 6 versus NJD

This is crippling if you're looking for a wild card spot

^ yikes

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Any idea why the faceoff came all the way back down the ice. Dahlin looked to be close enough to the red line and everyone looked onside.

Sucks to lose but now we have another game tomorrow night and hopefully we can get some guys back.

They appeared to call one of those "technically correct" icings that they usually ignore, but sometimes don't feel like ignoring.

This is one of my biggest beefs with the offside challenge. Ultra scrutiny of one line infraction where one that is "wrong" far more often and just as likely to lead to a goal one way or another is ignored

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Any idea why the faceoff came all the way back down the ice. Dahlin looked to be close enough to the red line and everyone looked onside.

Sucks to lose but now we have another game tomorrow night and hopefully we can get some guys back.

• Haha (+1) 3

This team is consistently bad in the 3rd period. You'd think with a team this young they'd be the team blowing past defenders in the 3rd, but they just can't seem to take it up a notch when needed and in fact, often look like the tired (out of shape?) team. This has to change for success.

Peterka showed little moments that made me think he will be a solid player for us next season. Krebs not so much.

Tuch looked a little gassed by the end but that's understandable after the long time off and first game. Had some really good moments and real enthusiasm. He is the real deal I think (assuming he doesn't lose his love of the game after playing here for a while).

UPL has a habit of going down low on his knees too early and too often. If he doesn't correct this, over time, as teams scout him, he will fail as an NHL goalie. Top of the net is wide open and NJ found it a few times. It's a big flaw. 

Good for Prow scoring a goal. Didn't even know this guy was a Sabre . He wasn't horrible either. Good for him. 

But we suck. NJ is not a good hockey team and we do not know how to defend. You have to play a guy like Hughes physically. You try to skate with him and he rips you apart, as he did. Murray stepping up was good though. The big guys have to play like big guys and they have to do it all the time. 

Disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sorry. I’ve been avoiding that thread. You know, the Matt Ellis of threads. 

Well I also posted it in this GDT.

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:
7 hours ago, Spoonman said:

Oh and Ellis bench boss tonight for Meatballs.

The Matt Ellis of acting head coaches.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.