As a SABRES fan

SABRESfan

What is the one team you despise the most? The one that the sheer sight of their jersey is enough to make you shake your head and scoff.  
For me it’s the Rangers.  The entitlement that their fans have knows no bounds.  (Similar to Yankee fans) The difference being that the Yankees have won a lot.  Ranger fans still pray to Messier.  A great player yes, but also among the biggest cheap shot artists the game has ever seen.

That aside, what is your number two team and why? (if you have one) I go with the Flyers.  I dig the logo, mascot and the city’s historical significance (plus my son’s favorite color is orange) 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Bruins. As a Buffalo sports fan I hate all teams from Boston. They also are the only team that has been in the Sabres division during all the realignments that have occurred. The East, Adams, Northeast and now Atlantic divisions all had Boston. The Leafs were in the Norris and then in the Western Conference for a time in the 90's. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Bruins are slightly above the Leafs for me. The Bruins haven't had to endure any long-term suffering and their fans always come off as pompous. I hate having Boychuk's contract on our books. I have always lived in Buffalo so the Leafs naturally rank high up on any despise list. The Canes were insufferable in 2005-2007, but that hate hasn't lingered

• Like (+1) 1

The top three really end up kind of interchangeable, but would go w/

1. Beantown Bean Boys

2. Phlyers

3. Loafs

The next 4 can be interchangeable, too, though w/ never playing them anymore team 7 lags slightly behind

4. Aisles

5. Otters

6. Candy Canes

7. Mooterus wearing pinheads

To round out the top 10

8. Rags

9. Caps

10.  Joisey Swamp Demons

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' auto correct
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't necessarily hate the stars but ***** them too. And Philly, The Senators.

I guess I really do hate everyone 😁

I don't hate the Stars anymore, but I my hate for Derien Hatcher knows no bounds. He played for the Flyers too. And John LeClair shot the puck through the side of the net and it counted. That was the year after No Goal, if I recall it correctly. And Neil's hit on Drury. Yeah, I hate those teams too.

Edited by HoosierDaddy

I really only hate fanbases.  The teams come and go.  For instance, I hate the Flyers from my youth.  But the Sabres doing things like eliminating them in such lopsided fashion in 2001 and 2006 plus ending the losing streak last year against them has assuaged my feelings.  The Stars annoy me for 1999 and Carolina for 2006.  I don't hate as much as envy the Bruins for often being the team which the Sabres were.  Hate teams?  Not so much.

On the other hand, cecause I had to fight for just being treated like a person and not even being treated as an equal so often over the years, fanbases with entitlement issues make me hate their teams.  Are there any more self-important fanbases who ooze entitlement like the Strangers and the Laffs?

• Like (+1) 1

Leafs. The arrogance of that loser franchise, their media and their fans. 

Hello! McFly! You're *****in losers! You haven't won ***** since LBJ was in office! Try to win a championship when there are more than 6 *****in teams, you ***** waffles! Hey, leafs! Maybe hold off on the pretentiousness until after you've won a cup on color TV.

One of my favorite sabres memories is the first sabrespace meetup when we blew them out and all their dick bag fans made a run for the bridge halfway through the 3rd period. ***** off and die leafs.

Leafs. Followed by Habs. Surprised there isn't more Hab hatred above. Guess the 70s are ancient history or before most people's time. 

Unlike a lot of people I also dislike teams with worshipped superstars. So Edmonton now. Just get tired of the McDavid this McDavid that and before that it was Crosby, any of the hero worship stuff. Prefer hard working teams with team first. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.