Jokiharju returns to practice

Brawndo

56 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I wish DG would try Cozens between Girgensons and KO, put R2 with Caggiula and Hinostroza and drop Eakin with Bjork and Hayden.

I see your thinking, but although Cozens needs better wingers for sure, that move sort of stunts him as he plays the game faster than them. I think Granato keeps that line together because they're all a step slower and they'll all be gone in a year or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It sure would be cool when a Sabre gets injured he’s not out until the next millennium.  What is it with this team and injuries. 

Agree… Conditioning?… Equipment?… Overly cautious on returns?… Mittelstadt’s been out for weeks with upper body injury… Broken bone?… Rotator Cuff?… Separated shoulder?… Anyone know?… Sabres are cryptic with injury information…

53 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I see your thinking, but although Cozens needs better wingers for sure, that move sort of stunts him as he plays the game faster than them. I think Granato keeps that line together because they're all a step slower and they'll all be gone in a year or two. 

I'm not sure speed is a huge factor.  Cozens needs better wingers then the trash he's playing with.  In the long-term Dylan is the two way center we need and who better to teach him the 2 way game better then KO and Z, especially if Meatballs is going to keep giving Dylan the tough assignments.  

R2 also needs better wingers and Caggiula and Hinostroza, while not great are certainly an upgrade over Hayden and Bjork.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully JOKER gets back in the lineup ASAP.

I thought this was a interesting quote from Mike Harrington today:

"I doubt you're going to see any big moves out of Rochester. It's not time for Jack Quinn or JJ Peterka, yet. Nor Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. It might be worth giving Casey Fitzgerald a look on defense instead of Butcher, who is showing why New Jersey was so willing to dump him for a few bags of pucks."

I agree with Harrington on this. The brutal Butcher seems slow and why not give Fitz a shot at the Sabres lineup? He's been doing great down in Rochester. Thoughts?

25 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

"I doubt you're going to see any big moves out of Rochester. It's not time for Jack Quinn or JJ Peterka, yet. Nor Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen. It might be worth giving Casey Fitzgerald a look on defense instead of Butcher, who is showing why New Jersey was so willing to dump him for a few bags of pucks."

I agree with Harrington on this. The brutal Butcher seems slow and why not give Fitz a shot at the Sabres lineup? He's been doing great down in Rochester. Thoughts?

Couldn’t hurt.  The quicker Butcher and Miller are gone the better.

Any one disagree with my assessment of Butcher from the off-season.  I still don’t know why he was acquired.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

I always liked Fitz at rookie and training camps of the past. To those who watch the Amerks a lot, what are his shortcomings that may be preventing him from getting an NHL shot?

• Like (+1) 1

Taking butcher out of the lineup and inserting Joker is a net plus. 
I wouldn’t mind seeing Fitz get an extended look in the second half of the season. Right now, let’s get our top players on and see how it goes for December. Then add Tuch for January ‘22. And add Samuelsson for look in February/March but back down for a hopeful playoff run. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, inkman said:

Skill mostly

Agreed.

I think he’s looked good for the Amerks. Balanced game, knows what to do, competes like a Bruin.

I bet he gets a shot this year. I think his work effort will be rewarded.

Dont see him making it

Mediocre size, mediocre speed, mediocre skill - he just lacks NHL tools..

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Believer said:

Agree… Conditioning?… Equipment?… Overly cautious on returns?… Mittelstadt’s been out for weeks with upper body injury… Broken bone?… Rotator Cuff?… Separated shoulder?… Anyone know?… Sabres are cryptic with injury information…

If I had to guess, it’s a broken hand/wrist sustained when he took that slash in the opener vs. Montreal. He went off the ice afterwards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.