GDT, Nov. 18: The Flames of Calgary @ The Sabres of Buffalo, 7PM (MSG, SN360)

Thorny

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t see see how we have the same average height and weight stats.  They have some pretty big guys, Zadarov, Lucic, Ritchie, Gredbranson, Hanifin ….  And of course their skill guys are much better …. And the goaltending … And a solid defense.  

And yoda

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hanifin is 6'3" 215lbs... he's not even bigger than Dahlin at 6'3" 207

Man this board has lost its mind at this point. The Sabres aren't talented enough, it's really that simple. 

Read my post and you will see I mentioned the skill, the goaltending, the defenseman, along with the big physical players   

Last I checked 215> 207.  Last I check Dahlin was not very physical.  How about Tkachuk?   I didn’t even mention him and his 375 PIMs.  How does his 6’ 2” and 202 lbs match up with Dahlin and his dough-like  207 LBs.  Are you serious?  You  gonna bring Dahlin into this discussion while saying the board has lost it’s mine.  

I named four other players, who matches up them?   Wait a minute, your gonna say Lucic and Miller?  

You shouldn’t take everything so seriously and so verbatim.   They lost a game, that’s all.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Read my post and you will see I mentioned the skill, the goaltending, the defenseman, along with the big physical players   

Last I checked 215> 207.  Last I check Dahlin was not very physical.  How about Tkachuk?   I didn’t even mention him and his 375 PIMs.  How does his 6’ 2” and 202 lbs match up with Dahlin and his dough-like  207 LBs.  Are you serious?  You  gonna bring Dahlin into this discussion while saying the board has lost it’s mine.  

I named four other players, who matches up them?   Wait a minute, your gonna say Lucic and Miller?  

You shouldn’t take everything so seriously and so verbatim.   They lost a game, that’s all.  

Lol I love when someone else is freaking out and then tosses in a "you shouldn't take everything so seriously" ... while they take a meaningless loss in a meaningless season hyper serious. 

We just lost to a team that has more talent than us in just about every position and get ppl here are all "Dahlin is awful! Trade him!" LOL, I'll be sure not to take that seriously. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol I love when someone else is freaking out and then tosses in a "you shouldn't take everything so seriously" ... while they take a meaningless loss in a meaningless season hyper serious. 

We just lost to a team that has more talent than us in just about every position and get ppl here are all "Dahlin is awful! Trade him!" LOL, I'll be sure not to take that seriously. 

Sorry but you are so incredibly wrong. It's not the talent, it's the style. We cannot handle tough defense first hockey simple as that. We can skate with the Edmontons and Torontos and with decent goaltending beat them, but Calgary, Boston, Washington, anyone who plays hard physical dominant D fuggedaboudit. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Read my original post.  I covered  the talent part of it.  In addition, I commented on their size, even with the team averages being equal.  You are not adding anything by bringing up talent, you’re just nit picking.   YOU brought Dahlin into it and you are probably now embarrassed by it.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure it was Eakin w/ an equipment issue that caused the line juggling.  They went Cozens centering Asplund & Skinner, Thompson centering the checking line, R2 Rou2 centering Cozens wingers, those 1st 2 lines again, R2 Rou2 w/ his line, then Eakin w/ Thompson's wingers & then Cozens line & they've been back to normal since.

Though Dahlin's been actually starting off the draw to Pysyk's right.

Granato mentioned in the post game that He switched up lines for the start of the third to see if it provided a spark, when it didn’t He went back to the regular lines 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dahlin is our best player. Y’all got spoiled on Eichel who literally would do it all on his own.  They didn’t even play that bad and Tokarski played well. Just outclassed. It’ll be nice when our 1C , top pairing defenseman, top scorer, and shiny new power forward, and starting goalie are healthy again. No team survives losing all of that. 

Edited by triumph_communes

So I walked away after the fourth goal.  I went ahead and walked the dogs.  I usually wait until after the game but by the time I left the game was for all practical purposes already over.

This team needs help.  At the very least, they need to get their injured players off IR.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That was the Sabres I sadly hoped I didn’t ever see again.  Oh well.

Eh.  It's a young team, they're gonna take their lumps.  Even good teams get thrashed once in while.  I recall back to back conference final games were each team got thrashed 6-0 by the other team.  Just like Toker said the other night, you can't get too high after a win, can't get too low after a loss.

• Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

So I walked away after the fourth goal.  I went ahead and walked the dogs.  I usually wait until after the game but by the time I left the game was for all practical purposes already over.

This team needs help.  At the very least, they need to get their injured players off IR.

You're joking right? You really think adding Mitts and Joker to this line up would have changed anything? 

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Eh.  It's a young team, they're gonna take their lumps.  Even good teams get thrashed once in while.  I recall back to back conference final games were each team got thrashed 6-0 by the other team.  Just like Toker said the other night, you can't get too high after a win, can't get too low after a loss.

I'm not low at all.  I just hoped I'd never see a performance like that again.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Sutter has the Flames playing very staunch defense and choking the life out of games. Their goalie numbers, both Markstrom and Vladar, read like dead puck era numbers. The Flames have 8 wins.... 5 of those wins are shutouts.

This game should be fun to see how Granato attempts to attack.

The Flames have now won 9 games... 6 of which have been shutouts.

I almost made the comment this morning that we needed to score first or we weren't going to score at all, but I didn't want to jinx us into a shutout. Or appear too prescient because of my ability to see the future and all.

But ... the Flames... wow. That's a solid team now that they've had Gaudreau and Monahan on the trade rumors for 3 years. They're on pace for what -- about 50 wins and 33 shutouts.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Eh.  It's a young team, they're gonna take their lumps.  Even good teams get thrashed once in while.  I recall back to back conference final games were each team got thrashed 6-0 by the other teamJust like Toker said the other night, you can't get too high after a win, can't get too low after a loss.

That’s what we all say. Love the pun. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.