GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7pm est, 11/6/2021

LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The fact this had 2 likes irks me. 

They literally couldn't do that.

It's interesting that when we win, certain posters are mia. But we lose and they're the first poster and wgr caller. 

Car crashes get more attention than safe driving.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

That's what I said WAY upthread.

Yes it shouldn’t of counted; add that to the endless list of screw ups done against us.

can someone please teach Dahlin how to use the body again. After taking a bunch of penalties to start he seems extremely hesitant to even make contact.

Call up the mule and put him with Dahlin, his defensive confidence is shot

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They didn’t play scared.  They took time off and watched the game.  They  choked 

It's early, but I am wondering where Granato is right now.  Obviously not all his fault given the roster Adams handed him...but this HC has to motivate players to play a full 60 before getting more praise. 

They don’t have a ton of talent. Mitts, Joker, Olafsson, Tuch being out hurts. That is their top line and top pairing D (yes I know Tuch hasn’t played yet.)

My biggest takeaway is that Asplund and Tage are turning into real productive NHL players, guys that will be helpful when the young talent arrives. I don’ t expect a ton this year but getting those injured guys back will be important. If Mitts can come back and continue how he finished last year then having Mitts, Tage and Asplund develop will be big.

I think sitting Dahlin for two games isn’t a bad idea. But have him sit with some of the coaching staff, to show him and point out things as he’s watching the game in real time from up in a suite. 

Anything more extreme than that… Then I just think it’s being overly dramatic and unnecessary. And extremely shortsighted. At least that’s how I see it. 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SabresVet said:

It's early, but I am wondering where Granato is right now.  Obviously not all his fault given the roster Adams handed him...but this HC has to motivate players to play a full 60 before getting more praise. 

Well, he did work under Krueger. Maybe not all of the Ralph stank has worn off yet.

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I recorded the Bruins Leafs game and am watching this now. The contrast is incredible. It's like a completely different level of hockey. This makes me very sad about us. 

Try watching Edmonton right now. You'll want to commit hari kari with a rusty butter knife.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

They don’t have a ton of talent. Mitts, Joker, Olafsson, Tuch being out hurts. That is their top line and top pairing D (yes I know Tuch hasn’t played yet.)

My biggest takeaway is that Asplund and Tage are turning into real productive NHL players, guys that will be helpful when the young talent arrives. I don’ t expect a ton this year but getting those injured guys back will be important. If Mitts can come back and continue how he finished last year then having Mitts, Tage and Asplund develop will be big.

Agree, hoping they can both stay healthy so we can see what they can become.  Casey is still the great unknown to me....hoping he can make a difference.

You could see from Donnys presser that the amount if work needed to turn this thing around is incredible. The good news is we will have a lotto pick this year with 2 other first rounders. The bad news is even if we hit on those picks it will be years before they are watchable. Years. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

You could see from Donnys presser that the amount if work needed to turn this thing around is incredible. The good news is we will have a lotto pick this year with 2 other first rounders. The bad news is even if we hit on those picks it will be years before they are watchable. Years. 

Donnie will be long gone by then. 

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

If we land Shane Wright or Brad Lambert in the upcoming draft it will speed up the process for sure. Wright/Lambert, Krebs, Jack Quinn, JJ Peterka, Casey Middlestadt, Owen Power, UPL, Victor Olofsson and Dylan Cozens should be an interesting lineup.

12 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

If we land Shane Wright or Brad Lambert in the upcoming draft it will speed up the process for sure. Wright/Lambert, Krebs, Jack Quinn, JJ Peterka, Casey Middlestadt, Owen Power, UPL, Victor Olofsson and Dylan Cozens should be an interesting lineup.

Wright yes, Lambert idk.   In no way shape or form are they equivalent, or even close. 

So ya, we will probably get 2nd pick and F it up. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wright yes, Lambert idk.   In no way shape or form are they equivalent, or even close. 

So ya, we will probably get 2nd pick and F it up. 

I don't think you can go wrong with either player imo, no Lambert isn't as gifted but he's an elite skater with an excellent shot, I'd say he's a faster Patrick Laine. 

55 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't think you can go wrong with either player imo, no Lambert isn't as gifted but he's an elite skater with an excellent shot, I'd say he's a faster Patrick Laine. 

I have to see more and research more but I'm not sold on Lambert. I like Miroshnichenko better and, although again I need to look deeper, I kind of like Conor Geekie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.