GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7pm est, 11/6/2021

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Yeah we suck.... But didn't the player coming off the bench have the puck before the exiting player made it to the bench?

Marty just broke it down. He was on the ice and touched the puck before the guy went off completely. 

It was close but the player had an advantage on Asplund by a few steps because Asplund didn't know the player came on behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to watch.  I know the players might appreciate the coaching staff being forgiving of taking risks and making mistakes, but this team is making some of the most basic and bonehead mistakes that high schoolers are taught.  Maybe Donnie should think about sitting some players to make them think harder.  It's nice they don't fear being punished, but they would feel a lot better if they actually win by playing simple basic hockey.

Just now, Pimlach said:

The problem is the losing when you should win.  We know what they are, a bottom dweller, but tonight should have shown growth and it didn’t.  They come home after  poor road trip and lose.  Terrible in the first ten minutes and in the last ten.  

I just can’t be mad at the obviously terrible team for being terrible.  Would a not-terrible team throw that game away?  Absolutely not; that’s what terrible teams do, which is what this team is.  

Also, and I will never stop yelling at this cloud… 3-on-3 overtime is just the absolute worst, and indeed does make me angry.  Just have them shoot free-throws or something equally related to the rest of the game.  

5 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

They had this game won then just played completely scared. This is where an Okposo and Girgensons is supposed to be the veteran presence. 

They didn’t play scared.  They took time off and watched the game.  They  choked 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I just can’t be mad at the obviously terrible team for being terrible.  Would a not-terrible team throw that game away?  Absolutely not; that’s what terrible teams do, which is what this team is.  

Also, and I will never stop yelling at this cloud… 3-on-3 overtime is just the absolute worst, and indeed does make me angry.  Just have them shoot free-throws or something equally related to the rest of the game.  

hehe...But could you imagine Gil Perrault playing 3 on 3 back in the day?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

el foldo..............

"hard to watch" summed it up well. I mean Detroit was not good. Not at all. There's no energy on the team, there's no energy in the building (justifiably) it's just a limp and lame bunch of nothing. 

Thing that stands out for me the most, and maybe it's a good representative moment for what this team is and what it has been for many years now. On the first goal, they are banging away at the goalie and Hinostroza is just standing there about 3 feet away watching and doing absolutely nothing. If I'm coaching that team he sits for the rest of the night and probably the next game but on this team nothing. Jut nothing. 

idk if Tuch can save us. We might need 5 or 6 more guys like that. But right now we might as well send everybody we can to Rochester to develop winning and just tank this crap full out. Absolute rubbish. 

• Like (+1) 1

That was a brutal last 10 minutes. Just brutal.

Dahlin has to be the most frustrating player in Sabres history. He shows occasional flashes of what he’s capable of, then starts eating retard sandwiches. Guys like Bryson and Butcher getting waxed on the way to the net isn’t enfuriating because they’re marginal players, that’s gonna happen. Dahlin was the #1 overall pick in his draft and Bertuzzi pulled down his pants and painted a picture on his ass before burying it. Yuck.

8 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'm really wishing Buffalo exposed Bjork and kept Borgen.

The fact this had 2 likes irks me. 

They literally couldn't do that.

It's interesting that when we win, certain posters are mia. But we lose and they're the first poster and wgr caller. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.