Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I like when I get quoted back info that's in my post. 

Also idc about Eichel. I'm fighting against the idea the new young core needs some magical acceleration because of this season of losing. 

I don't give a ***** about Jack Eichel or what he thinks anymore. Good riddance to him. My point is you do not waste draft or young assets to make some accelerated rebuild. 

No, you cherry picked the timeline to fit your narrative.  I corrected it to reflect player's NHL service time beginning in Aho's case.

The Sabres from 2015-16 through 2020-21 are nothing like a comparable duration with TB and Carolina.  You're analogy is not...analogous.

And...with Eichel...you do care enough to bash him and make it seem he had no right to hurt your feelings by demanding to leave.  And you've largely excused the Sabres for being bad for so long.  

Eichel, et al. have left.  Let's just admit the Sabres were poorly run and the inevitable departures happened as a result...unlike other franchises that eventually got good.

47 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

No, you cherry picked the timeline to fit your narrative.  I corrected it to reflect player's NHL service time beginning in Aho's case.

The Sabres from 2015-16 through 2020-21 are nothing like a comparable duration with TB and Carolina.  You're analogy is not...analogous.

And...with Eichel...you do care enough to bash him and make it seem he had no right to hurt your feelings by demanding to leave.  And you've largely excused the Sabres for being bad for so long.  

Eichel, et al. have left.  Let's just admit the Sabres were poorly run and the inevitable departures happened as a result...unlike other franchises that eventually got good.

Maybe he’s injury prone...maybe he’s a drug addict...maybe this thread is just getting super ugly now?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

I don't give a ***** about Eichel and I have said almost nothing about him. 

Literally used the exact same years you did. But hey, I struck a nerve obviously. 

The bolded is your big malfunction. Idc about the 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 Sabres. The 2020 to present Sabres do compare to those teams currently with multiple high end picks and high end players who didn't suddenly turn into moopy losers because they lost their first year in the league, which was and is my entire point. 

You're too pissed about some Eichel slight to even engage with the actual conversation. Jack's gone, why and who he was don't interest anymore. Most of the ppl involved with the 2015-2020 Sabres are gone. But you're too hung up on the fact the team name is the same. I have not excused *****. 

evidence of you getting personal by you getting all grumpy about stuff I'm not even talking about. 

Way to lose the original point champ.

Edited by LGR4GM

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe he’s injury prone...maybe he’s a drug addict...maybe this thread is just getting super ugly now?

It is because apparently we found Eichels burner account. 

Things that no longer should matter in Buffalo: Jack Eichel. He's gone, ppl need to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agreed.  I respect all the comments but in the long run Eichel will not be remembered as a great Sabre (insert multiple names of former Sabres that left a great impression on the organization and on us as Sabre fans).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

It is because apparently we found Eichels burner account. 

Things that no longer should matter in Buffalo: Jack Eichel. He's gone, ppl need to move on. 

It’s the Eichel trade thread though. 

Asking people to move on is a dicey notion verging on gatekeeping. Not that there’s anything nefarious in your posts on the matter in general which are awesome regardless of whether I agree. But the trade kinda just happened. Lord knows the ROR deal is still a topic of conversation. I’d expect the trade of an even more significant piece to linger a fair bit longer - at least on a website like this where diehards delve into every detail

Full disclosure if we start getting into drug addict territory I’ll probably bow out of the thread (but maybe not 🙂)  but I’d imagine the discussion remains for well into the future. 

Perhaps...forever. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

It’s the Eichel trade thread though. 

Asking people to move on is a dicey notion verging on gatekeeping. Not that there’s anything nefarious in your posts on the matter in general which are awesome regardless of whether I agree. But the trade kinda just happened. Lord knows the ROR deal is still a topic of conversation. I’d expect the trade of an even more significant piece to linger a fair bit longer - at least on a website like this where diehards delve into every detail

Full disclosure if we start getting into drug addict territory I’ll probably bow out of the thread (but maybe not 🙂)  but I’d imagine the discussion remains for well into the future. 

Perhaps...forever. 

I'm bowing out of this thread. Y'all wanna bitch about Eichel and discuss if Bogo and Kane got him into booger sugar, go ahead. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm bowing out of this thread. Y'all wanna bitch about Eichel and discuss if Bogo and Kane got him into booger sugar, go ahead. 

Not really but the question is was the trade for these new players going to make up for Jack and all his rumored faults and do the Sabres have a problem dealing with guys with mental health issues or many cases is it an impossible situation???

I find the conflicting messages coming out of Vegas interesting. The owner seems to be pushing sooner while the front office is indicating it’s still likely not to happen till March, even acknowledging that since no hockey player had the procedure, they really weren’t sure. The operation was certainly a success from a quality of life perspective but that’s still a ways from being deemed a success from a “ready to play hockey” perspective. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Either way hope Samuelson runs him into the boards with a high hit...

SO you want to see someone produce a hit that lays Jack flat on the ice possibly paralyzed... and why would you want this?

I worry about the guy honestly. Which is why I was against the procedure he wanted if he was going to continue his career.  One hit like that and it could be very very ugly. I am also concerned for the player who does hit Jack legally but has to witness and deal with this possibility...

But in no way would I wish this on anyone

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

SO you want to see someone produce a hit that lays Jack flat on the ice possibly paralyzed... and why would you want this?

I worry about the guy honestly. Which is why I was against the procedure he wanted if he was going to continue his career.  One hit like that and it could be very very ugly. I am also concerned for the player who does hit Jack legally but has to witness and deal with this possibility...

Yeh its hockey... seriously just a resentment toward Jack came out... dont really wish it on him... he's not Neal after Drury hit.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Digger said:

Agreed.  I respect all the comments but in the long run Eichel will not be remembered as a great Sabre (insert multiple names of former Sabres that left a great impression on the organization and on us as Sabre fans).

Per the bold, nor should he be. 

Great player. Lousy Sabre. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

41 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh its hockey... seriously just a resentment toward Jack came out... dont really wish it on him... he's not Neal after Drury hit.

What are you guys taking about? This procedure is like getting a hangnail removed. At least that's how Elliotte Friedman and many others in the hockey press sold it as.

But seriously they aren't going to let Jack play in a non-contact jersey. So one of these days he's going to take a hit that will test his neck. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.