Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

On 1/29/2022 at 11:23 AM, Digger said:

Agreed.  I respect all the comments but in the long run Eichel will not be remembered as a great Sabre (insert multiple names of former Sabres that left a great impression on the organization and on us as Sabre fans).

I’ll remember him as someone who *should* have been a great Sabre but wasn’t , because the franchise couldn’t get out of its own way and right itself while he was here. A squandered piece you don’t give up full seasons for unless you are sure you can get the build right.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’ll remember him as someone who *should* have been a great Sabre but wasn’t , because the franchise couldn’t get out of its own way and right itself while he was here. A squandered piece you don’t give up full seasons for unless you are sure you can get the build right.

Completely agree.

To be glass half full there finally seems to be a real prospect pool coming up right now.  We didn’t utilize Eichel but we luckily didn’t lose him for nothing either.  I’m hopeful this second rebuild around Dahlin/Power / young forward core including Thompson, Mits and Cozens already in the show / nice number of 1st and 2nd round picks over next two drafts.  Heck even our goaltending prospects show legit promise.  

Until proven on the big stage they are just magic beans but this time we have way more chances and an opportunity to add a lot of depth if our much improved front office can nail some of these future moves.  Almost zero cap issues.  Slate is clean and finally reason for some hopeium.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Completely agree.

To be glass half full there finally seems to be a real prospect pool coming up right now.  We didn’t utilize Eichel but we luckily didn’t lose him for nothing either.  I’m hopeful this second rebuild around Dahlin/Power / young forward core including Thompson, Mits and Cozens already in the show / nice number of 1st and 2nd round picks over next two drafts.  Heck even our goaltending prospects show legit promise.  

Until proven on the big stage they are just magic beans but this time we have way more chances and an opportunity to add a lot of depth if our much improved front office can nail some of these future moves.  Almost zero cap issues.  Slate is clean and finally reason for some hopeium.

Honestly the first couple rounds of the coming draft aren’t really doing that much for me right now, excitement wise. That’s why I’m quite pleased KA seems to have dialled in on just the right prospect in Krebs. Looks like a good compliment to our current system.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I’ll remember him as someone who *should* have been a great Sabre but wasn’t , because the franchise couldn’t get out of its own way and right itself while he was here. A squandered piece you don’t give up full seasons for unless you are sure you can get the build right under any circumstances.

Fixed.  The first part is almost certainly true.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I just meant it wasn't delivered with much love. In fact you could read it as he was drinking to deal with coming here.

This was solved years ago. He said he was talking about coming to Buffalo for the scouting combine in 2015 

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just meant it wasn't delivered with much love. In fact you could read it as he was drinking to deal with coming here.

Or, OR, we can read into it that he’s “drinking to deal with coming here”

lol what a joke

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Insinuating he has a substance abuse problem... theorizing that an 18 year old kid is drinking his disappointment away..

Embarrassing. 

You're jumping way ahead of me.  I was simply responding to another post about someone else claiming he had such a problem.  Regardless of the context of the video, he was well under 21 when it was filmed.

If there's any embarrassment involved, Jack embarrassed himself in that video.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You're jumping way ahead of me.  I was simply responding to another post about someone else claiming he had such a problem.  Regardless of the context of the video, he was well under 21 when it was filmed.

If there's any embarrassment involved, Jack embarrassed himself in that video.

Saying Jack embarrassed himself is a far cry from what you said when it happened 

635B7894-0885-448D-AA48-08884D327487.thumb.jpeg.52c390d65aba492ae059316459dce2d1.jpeg

Wonder why THAT would be, eh?

On 1/29/2022 at 9:23 AM, Digger said:

Agreed.  I respect all the comments but in the long run Eichel will not be remembered as a great Sabre (insert multiple names of former Sabres that left a great impression on the organization and on us as Sabre fans).

Without a doubt. AND if we do in fact start climbing and becoming a real team again while Vegas does not win the cup and in fact falters, well then lots of people will question him. Here's hoping. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Without a doubt. AND if we do in fact start climbing and becoming a real team again while Vegas does not win the cup and in fact falters, well then lots of people will question him. Here's hoping. 

I question him, regardless. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Here's hoping. 

That's a nice fantasy for a Sabres fan but the fact of the matter is that the Knights are a good team and Eichel is a good player and he might be enough to put them over the top.  It doesn't matter to me as long as the Sabres get over the top and win a Cup in the near future as well.  But yeah I think we're all hoping for Eich to have a substandard career from here out just to justify our team kicking him to the curb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.