GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, Friday, October 22, 7 PM ET, WGR, ESPN+

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Going to be a long season against the better teams. Totally outclassed tonight. 

I completely disagree. As was stated over and over, we had a boatload of chances and out chanced them. They buried theirs and we put ours off the post and off the back of Ullmarks leg.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Not enough team size and physicality to play with the good teams.

I didn’t see this coming into play at all. Save for maybe the one hit on Dahlin, I didn’t see physicality as that big of a difference tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

That is what a balloon deflating looks like.

On the contrary, I think the Sabres' performance is repeatable and can improve. Boston played playoff-level hockey tonight in their 3rd game of the season knowing they needed to be fantastic. As the season wears on, they will not duplicate this night-in and night-out. We take a game or two against this team.

• Like (+1) 1

Well at least Ullmark didn't get the shutout, that would have been really irritating. 

Truth be told Bruins aren't all that impressive and I'm not sure they are a playoff team. Maybe, but not what they used to be. Still good defensively but not all that offensively. I think we had moments and the style and scheme and everything is fine, but you all can see what happens up against a good defensive team. Bruins block shots, get in shooting lanes, deflect or intercept passes and basically just bother and irritate and knock the other team off their game. Hence we looked a step off at times, passes didn't connect and plays didn't get finished. It is what it is, but this is going to take a long time and we are still a tank team.

Cozens has a lot of skill, but I really think we've rushed him and a year in Rochester would have given him a better development curve. 

Espn+ is weird and wrong and just like little league. Do they have no commercials? Broadcast was just choppy and messy . Not good for the NHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

There ya go. That's what happens when you face a team with the ability to score when you make a mistake.

I thought the guys battled hard. There's plenty of video to review to find out how they can finish a few more of those chances. 

Keep it goin. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

I didn’t see this coming into play at all. Save for maybe the one hit on Dahlin, I didn’t see physicality as that big of a difference tonight.

The Sabres D coughed up the puck multiple times below the goal line from either hits or trying to avoid them. It led to 2 of the goals.

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We also have mitts and Joki out, and eakin as well.... Not sure if that will matter a ton, but that should help us when they're back 

None of them are difference makers against a good team.

14 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Going to be a long season against the better teams. Totally outclassed tonight. 

I thought we outplayed Boston for long stretches but cool hook em

13 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Not enough team size and physicality to play with the good teams.

Lol what? No seriously what? 

Average height for both teams is 6'1" and Boston averages a whopping 4lbs heavier. 

Let's not use this useless fake excuse anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.