GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, Friday, October 22, 7 PM ET, WGR, ESPN+

Doohickie

3 hours ago, Digger said:

I absolutely agree with you on the Bruins drafting issues but the one thing they have in favor for them is that players want to sign in Boston to play so they do get to fill in their holes with free agents and players asking to be traded to them.  That's one thing the original 6 teams all seem to have going for them.  The Sabres need to draft well and earn back their respect and I think they are on the way to doing that now.

You can't build a team in ufa.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don’t know if it equals “build” but Hall, Foligno, Smith, Haula, Ullmark, Nosek, Forbert, Moore constitute about 1/3 of that roster. About 1/3 of the roster - 9 players - are draft picks.

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes I agree.  My point is that the Bruins have been able to compensate for a poor draft like 2015 (with the 3 first rounders with only one making a contribution to the team) with free agents and trades of players that want to play for them.  Look at their roster and you will see a real mix of drafted players, free agent signings, and trades.  Because players want to go to the Bruins they have an advantage that today the Sabres don't have.  But winning and improving the team culture should help the Sabres as we move through this rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bunomatic said:

People are finally sending Kim and Terry a message. Since it involves earnings I’m sure they hear it loud and clear. The small crowds and lack of merchandise sales is the only way to say that we do not accept losing. Put up or shut up. Get it right. Not sure hope and a prayer will sell tickets but even if they are on the right track I’d like to see these clowns suffer some more in the pocket. Lord knows they can afford it.

This seems completely misplaced. Although this year is remarkably different than the last and we had the wrinkle of the Covid season, it stretches credibly to say that they haven’t tried. They’ve been remarkably, stunningly unsuccessful.

Is it the point they purposely did things wrong and this message will tell them “oh, we need to do the right thing this time, instead of purposely choosing the wrong thing“.

Surprised to see some on here disappointed with Dahlin’s game. 

Is it just because Marchand knocked him down?

He was as good at playing the man as I’ve ever seen him. There was a zone entry stop on Pastrnak that looked like Chara versus George Constanza.

And his passing, puck-carrying and zone exits were generally sublime. I’ve been so happy with the confidence in his play.

39 minutes ago, SDS said:

This seems completely misplaced. Although this year is remarkably different than the last and we had the wrinkle of the Covid season, it stretches credibly to say that they haven’t tried. They’ve been remarkably, stunningly unsuccessful.

Is it the point they purposely did things wrong and this message will tell them “oh, we need to do the right thing this time, instead of purposely choosing the wrong thing“.

I think you understand my point. Yes they’ve tried but to get it wrong continuously over a decade shows a level of incompetence few fans would want to pay for financially and emotionally. Its finally come home to roost and that can be seen in attendance and most likely in merch sales as well. One thing I’ll admit that I don’t understand is fans that make excuses for the Pegulas incompetence.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Surprised to see some on here disappointed with Dahlin’s game. 

Is it just because Marchand knocked him down?

He was as good at playing the man as I’ve ever seen him. There was a zone entry stop on Pastrnak that looked like Chara versus George Constanza.

And his passing, puck-carrying and zone exits were generally sublime. I’ve been so happy with the confidence in his play.

I just finished scanning through the game.  I have to say that 1st goal was BS.  It took that little rat two crosschecks to knock Dahlin down.  Instead of a goal that rat should been in the penalty box.

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.  Linus was good but we didn’t put away our chances.  I thought we looked good in the first after the slow start but they potted 2 and they are a much better, and more mature and confident team.  

I walked out of there sad.   I talked to a person in ticket sales this morning.  She said 6670 was her last count yesterday afternoon before the game. 

The loudest and most excited the crowd got was when this guy was on the screen waving to the crowd. The “Groot” cheers were sounding a little like Luuuucce.   

1512A581-A494-4888-A814-49143791C4B9.thumb.jpeg.f1fa139cfdb183c4ce9ea890ccec106f.jpeg

Gregory Rousseau?

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.