GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, Friday, October 22, 7 PM ET, WGR, ESPN+

Doohickie

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

The Sabres D coughed up the puck multiple times below the goal line from either hits or trying to avoid them. It led to 2 of the goals.

None of them are difference makers against a good team.

Their D also coughed up the puck. Are you talking about coughing up the puck on the crosscheck?

I think their stick play is far more instrumental than anything they did physically. Not once all night did I think that they were playing physical with us.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I thought we outplayed Boston for long stretches but cool hook em

Lol what? No seriously what? 

Average height for both teams is 6'1" and Boston averages a whopping 4lbs heavier. 

Let's not use this useless fake excuse anymore. 

Should I believe you or my own lying eyes? The bigger Sabres like Tage don’t play tough, and the Bruins as a team are more physical. They have 3rd and 4th liners that use their size to take advantage of the smaller players in the O zone and keep them on the perimeter in the D zone.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

This game is a perfect example of one thing, talent deficiency. We hit a hot gt and their talent was able to capitalize on mistakes. Great game from Buffalo in terms of consistency. 

I feel like this is a game that would’ve excited us in the past if we were Boston because we would have won, only to be told that the style of play wasn’t sustainable.

Just now, pastajoe said:

Should I believe you or my own lying eyes? The bigger Sabres like Tage don’t play tough, and the Bruins as a team are more physical. They have 3rd and 4th liners that use their size to take advantage of the smaller players in the O zone and keep them on the perimeter in the D zone.

We had more high danger scoring chances so I wouldn't believe your lying "kept them to the perimeter" eyes. Boston has more talent and were able to capitalize with it. It's not some mythical physicality battle they won. 

Just now, SDS said:

I feel like this is a game that would’ve excited us in the past if we were Boston because we would have won, only to be told that the style of play wasn’t sustainable.

Crazy thing is I think what we are doing is sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

We had more high danger scoring chances so I wouldn't believe your lying "kept them to the perimeter" eyes. Boston has more talent and were able to capitalize with it. It's not some mythical physicality battle they won. 

“High danger”, a new ESPN buzzword. The big Bruins blocked 20 shots.

22 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Not enough team size and physicality to play with the good teams.

This is a poor take. 

Maybe in the past, this was a problem for the Sabres against a team like the Bruins, but this isn’t the 1987, 1992, or the Lucic steamrolling Miller Bruins. 

Physicality had nothing to do with the score tonight. Experience did. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Skating hard and not scoring?

We will absolutely sustain that.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That was sort of my point. We lost, but did it in a promising way. Many times we would have these winning streak’s where we experienced a lot of puckluck and enjoyed the sugar high which quickly dissipated.

6 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Alright, so now you have 2 posts thinking the “big bad Bruins” are still a thing. 

Do their past teams pay rent inside your head?

So according to the score sheet, the Sabres had 58 shots on goal of you add the SOG and the 22 blocked. Well that number seems unrealistically high, neither does it suggest we were toyed with due to the perception of diminutive size.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of NS said:

This is a poor take. 

Maybe in the past, this was a problem for the Sabres against a team like the Bruins, but this isn’t the 1987, 1992, or the Lucic steamrolling Miller Bruins. 

Physicality had nothing to do with the score tonight. Experience did. 

Really, how did the Bruins score their first goal? By being physical with the small Sabres D. The Bruins have plenty of young players. They’re just bigger and more physical.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Alright, so now you have 2 posts thinking the “big bad Bruins” are still a thing. 

Do their past teams pay rent inside your head?

They clearly have bigger and more physical players. They how when and how to use it. Dahlin was intimidated into multiple turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Really, how did the Bruins score their first goal? By being physical with the small Sabres D. The Bruins have plenty of young players. They’re just bigger and more physical.

Crosscheck from behind and open guy at side of net

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

They clearly have bigger and more physical players. They how when and how to use it. Dahlin was intimidated into multiple turnovers.

The Bruins first goal didn’t have anything to do with physicality. It was experience and positioning. It’s not like they landed some major hit that led to the goal. Unless you want to talk about Rats cross-checking, twice, on the play. 

Edited by The Ghost of NS
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

They are not bigger. Both teams literally are the same average height. The Bruins are 4 lbs heavier. 

They are more talented and we're able to capitalize on that. 

Honestly I thought Dahlin wasn't great but that had to do with the speed of Bruins forecheck. They aren't exactly towering over Dahlin.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

They are not bigger. Both teams literally are the same average height. The Bruins are 4 lbs heavier. 

They are more talented and we're able to capitalize on that. 

Honestly I thought Dahlin wasn't great but that had to do with the speed of Bruins forecheck. They aren't exactly towering over Dahlin.

Average height doesn’t mean squat. Take out Tage and Cozens, neither of whom play a physical game, and you have mostly smaller players, especially on D. Size only matters if they use it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.