Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

This will be what allows Vegas into the playoffs.  Kings are ass right now. 

They're inconsistent but could buckle up and play well for the few games they need still. 

They have a 5 game stretch against non playoff teams before they finish with Vancouver, another team on the bubble. 

4-5 wins is mandatory.

22 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I would not restrict that attitude towards Twitter to the NHL.

One of my friends who passed away during the pandemic (kidney failure) was employee #75 at Twitter before he was recruited an employee #12 at Snowflake.  I used to joke with him that I hope he feels better about how Snowflake affected society than the way Twitter has.  He said that their vision about what Twitter would allow people to do was far, far more fun and benign.  He felt that many there had no idea what narcissists, governments, or malevolent actors would do with it.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
Thanks, SDS.

1 hour ago, Trettioåtta said:

So Jeff Skinner in the worst contract in the league is on track for 61 points.

Jack Eichel costing $1 million more per year is on track for 62 points.

interesting tidbit I found whilst looking at how Vegas are doing

Welcome back!

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I would not restrict that attitude towards Twitter to the NHL.

One of my friends who passed away during the pandemic (kidney failure) was employee #75 at Twitter before he was recruited an employee #12 at Snowflake.  I used to joke with him that I hope he feels better about how Snowflake affected society the way Twitter has.  He said that their vision about what Twitter would allow people to do was far, far more fun and benign.  He felt that many there had no idea what narcissists, governments, or malevolent actors would do with it.

Do you mean “than the way“?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

So Jeff Skinner in the worst contract in the league is on track for 61 points.

Jack Eichel costing $1 million more per year is on track for 62 points.

interesting tidbit I found whilst looking at how Vegas are doing

I think VGK is going to end up with a serious case of buyer's remorse not too far down the road. Eichel is a very talented player, but it feels like he's severely lacking the mental side that makes the great players great. He never should have been a Captain here. I mean, I get why he was given the C, but he was never ready or cut out for the job. I don't, and never have, got the slightest leadership vibe from Jack Eichel. VGK are a team that's getting older and don't have the capital or cap situation to fix things quickly. How long before "Malcontent Jack" shows up out there? Like I said above, Jack is a very talented player, but is he the kind of guy that is good enough to make everyone around him better and carry a flawed team? I haven't seen anything indicating he is.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, Eleven said:

Oh, believe me, I am in full agreement on this one.  It may be the dumbest name in pro sports when you consider it abstractly.  And it has nothing to do with Cody killing bison--it's just *dumb*.

But because of the two team names, we're left with little choice when it comes to logos.  A Buffalo or a B (representing Buffalo and thereby reflecting the city) is going to be involved.  Note that the Bandits don't have to revert to that.

They may not have to, but the city skyline is on their chrome domes.

Just sayin' ...

On 4/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, Eleven said:

Oh, believe me, I am in full agreement on this one.  It may be the dumbest name in pro sports when you consider it abstractly.  And it has nothing to do with Cody killing bison--it's just *dumb*.

But because of the two team names, we're left with little choice when it comes to logos.  A Buffalo or a B (representing Buffalo and thereby reflecting the city) is going to be involved.  Note that the Bandits don't have to revert to that.

What's the issue?

iu-4.jpeg

iu-3.jpeg

iu-2.jpeg

iu.jpeg