Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

26 minutes ago, SDS said:

Tampa demolishing the leafs tonight 8-1 so far. 😳

Leaf Blowers saying it’s a different result with Matthews in the lineup, yeah, 8-3.

Brayden Point not playing for Tampa so that negates some of the Matthews bs.

Edited by French Collection

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Playoff ready.

This is such a poignant comment and something I was thinking about in relation to TB. No doubt they’re good or really good.  But they’re not the President’s Trophy winners. Can they just switch on the playoff caliber level of play? Or has the Eastern Conference caught up to them? 

They appear to be healthy and have all-world goaltending, but they’re certainly not the team to beat…unless they are the defacto team to beat because of B2B champions?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is such a poignant comment and something I was thinking about in relation to TB. No doubt they’re good or really good.  But they’re not the President’s Trophy winners. Can they just switch on the playoff caliber level of play? Or has the Eastern Conference caught up to them? 

They appear to be healthy and have all-world goaltending, but they’re certainly not the team to beat…unless they are the defacto team to beat because of B2B champions?

Vasilevskyi has not been himself lately. His team made sure to provide support tonight.

I don’t think it is a switch they can turn on but they know it is a marathon not a sprint. They are pacing themselves and don’t want to expend all of their energy on 1st place or seeding.

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Dallas with the regulation loss, Vancouver with the L, kings up 1-0, Vegas has to be licking their chops. 

Vegas still needs a lot of help. Dallas' last 4 games are all at home, 1 vs Vegas, the other 3 are against Seattle, Arizona, and Anaheim. The Kings are currently up and their last 3 are easy. Nashville only needs to finish 2-2-1. If Vegas loses 1 of their last 4 they're most likely toast. That Stars-Knights game next week should be intense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

You could interpret that comment that Toronto is “playoff ready” with such a crushing defeat.  While I have thoroughly enjoyed the Sabres March and April, and cheering for a Vegas slide my hockey season would not be complete without  seeing another meltdown by the Leafs.  The earlier the better.   Mix in a Boston sweep by Florida and my spring is complete. 

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I was taking about the Leafs, but you make good points too.

40 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Lehner hurt, maybe not hurt, maybe season ending surgery, maybe not season ending surgery. Doesn't that all sound familiar? Funny how Lehner drama seems to have started up with Jack's arrival. Something weird for sure.

He's definitely struggling right now

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Lehner hurt, maybe not hurt, maybe season ending surgery, maybe not season ending surgery. Doesn't that all sound familiar? Funny how Lehner drama seems to have started up with Jack's arrival. Something weird for sure.

Maybe Jack will suggest an artificial patella?

• Haha (+1) 3