Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

IMO Ryan Johnson would benefit from another year at Minnesota.

That said I expect him to sign after his season finishes and play in Rochester. 

He's not NHL ready.

If he goes back for his senior year, there seems almost no hope of signing him to a team where he has to beat out 4 other LHD and 2 of them are 1st overall picks. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If he goes back for his senior year, there seems almost no hope of signing him to a team where he has to beat out 4 other LHD and 2 of them are 1st overall picks. 

Do you not believe Dahlin is the most likely to move to the right side?? He already plays there part time plus it seems a bit counter productive to play guys who aren't as capable on that side and sit someone from the left??

32 minutes ago, jsb said:

Do you not believe Dahlin is the most likely to move to the right side?? He already plays there part time plus it seems a bit counter productive to play guys who aren't as capable on that side and sit someone from the left??

No. Until I see them do this why should I believe they will do this? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

red apple is primary

green is secondary

also... 

season 13 GIF

Which is weird because green apples are better

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.  They'll give Johnson a year in Rochester to get acclimated to the pro game. 

Yup. There’s no way they can risk him becoming a senior. I also think the team probably gives him NHL games at the end of this season because that’ll be a good way to guarantee he signs that deal.

I would be looking to move him for a RHD of similar prospect level now. He’s not a sure thing, so would not be irresponsible by trading him. But, will be better asset control. We need more RHD prospects and also can’t afford to lose him for nothing. I’m sure there’s a GM out there will an abundance of RHD and little RHD that would listen. I would do this before trading Bryson. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.