Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Von Barenkow seems to be racking up points. Any one got

info on what kind of player he is?

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

he plays ice hockey

also heir to the Von Barenkow empire.

I would like to know more about him too.  Limited info available at the time of the draft.  

8 minutes ago, kas23 said:

It seems all of our prospects are blowing up. One guy I haven’t heard much about is Isak Rosen. What’s the story here? Trouble acclimating?

Others can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he has been getting more ice time of late with his SHL club. I don’t think the numbers or play is there yet, but the team seems to believe in him. 

52 minutes ago, kas23 said:

It seems all of our prospects are blowing up. One guy I haven’t heard much about is Isak Rosen. What’s the story here? Trouble acclimating?

I would hope to see him at the world juniors this year for Sweden assuming he's healthy at the time.  That will show his skill playing against players his own age.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

Others can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe he has been getting more ice time of late with his SHL club. I don’t think the numbers or play is there yet, but the team seems to believe in him. 

I don't think he's big/strong enough for the SHL.

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Rosen and Kisakov were similar picks. Electric skating/skills but are longer term pay offs because they have to put on man weight and strength.

Definitely.   Put them in the CHL and they are probably at the top of the leading scorers list.  Playing vs Men is a struggle for both at their current size 

31 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'd imagine that's a "slow" start for Wright due to the set-back of missing a full year 

True......except Bloom also missed a full year.......

Seriously though, this is considered a slow start for Wright, and I’ve seen it said that he is still excelling in areas of the game, the points just aren’t coming as often as you would expect.

If his production stays a little down for the season, I’m curious if scouts would drop him at all.

olofsson - mittelstadt - tuch

peterka - krebs - quinn

rosen - cozens - poltapov

girgensons - thompson - asplund

power - dahlin

samuelssson - jokijarju

johnson - laaksonen 

levi

portillo

(ruotsalainen? kisakov? bryson? upl?)

3 First Round Picks

- - - 

Of course, the above features noted prospect, and former all-star, zemgus. (weirdly still only 27, actually)

Other than that, this random hypothetical prospects based mock features a forward unit with 6 guys who aren't here yet, with an additional 2 who haven't played recently (VO, Mitts). And actually an additional player who hasn't played much hockey this season either, really.. (Cozens). (Wanted to look this up after being discouraged with recent team results/underlying numbers, for comfort.) Ages - 

26 - 22 - 25

19 - 20 - 20

18 - 20 - 18

27 (noted all-star zemgus "latvian locomotive" girgensons) - 24 - 23

Then on D, 4 haven't played and another hasn't played much. Only the clearly, inarguably generational Dahlin holding down the fort right now. 

18 - 21 (clearly generational Dahlin)

21 - 22

20 - 22

Then in net, aside from noted bust UPL, we have 2 promising youngsters, obviously.

- - - 

All told, the current roster (and results) are getting a little more depressing by the day, and Adams didn't do well by a current roster last season, either, but obviously like 95% of his set-up is still "on the way", (in reality, 15 of the 20 spaces above weren't filled by the players listed above, yesterday (and no, I'm not saying they'll make it/make it at same time)) and the system looks very promising right now, when I went to fill in a prospect/future depth chart like this I was struck by what feels like a deeper system than in years past. 

We shall see.

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

True......except Bloom also missed a full year.......

Seriously though, this is considered a slow start for Wright, and I’ve seen it said that he is still excelling in areas of the game, the points just aren’t coming as often as you would expect.

If his production stays a little down for the season, I’m curious if scouts would drop him at all.

That's true, guess I'm just a little skeptical when Bloom has almost equaled his point total, in 14 games, as he had in 54 the last time he played. Looks promising for a 3rd though, definitely. With Wright, I'm almost *certain* his numbers are affected by the year off

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That's true, guess I'm just a little skeptical when Bloom has almost equaled his point total, in 14 games, as he had in 54 the last time he played. Looks promising for a 3rd though, definitely. With Wright, I'm almost *certain* his numbers are affected by the year off

Yeah, I think that small sample size grain of salt skepticism is appropriate, but certainly promising for a 3rd round pick.

On another note, we have 17 picks in the next two drafts, up from the usual 14. Which amounts to basically two extra firsts and an extra second. I don't expect Adams to trade away any of the higher picks (like we saw Murray do) and I don't expect him to trade away close to the raw amount Botterill did, but I won't be surprised if we deal a couple mid-to-lower picks and don't think people need to freak out if we do, thinking he's trying to pull a "Murray speed up" or whatever. It's normal to use some as currency and I don't know that Adams is going to use *every* pick and make every selection considering the raw total of players in the system already. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

olofsson - mittelstadt - tuch

peterka - krebs - quinn

rosen - cozens - poltapov

girgensons - thompson - asplund

power - dahlin

samuelssson - jokijarju

johnson - laaksonen 

levi

portillo

(ruotsalainen? kisakov? bryson? upl?)

3 First Round Picks

- - - 

Of course, the above features noted prospect, and former all-star, zemgus. (weirdly still only 27, actually)

Other than that, this random hypothetical prospects based mock features a forward unit with 6 guys who aren't here yet, with an additional 2 who haven't played recently (VO, Mitts). And actually an additional player who hasn't played much hockey this season either, really.. (Cozens). (Wanted to look this up after being discouraged with recent team results/underlying numbers, for comfort.) Ages - 

26 - 22 - 25

19 - 20 - 20

18 - 20 - 18

27 (noted all-star zemgus "latvian locomotive" girgensons) - 24 - 23

Then on D, 4 haven't played and another hasn't played much. Only the clearly, inarguably generational Dahlin holding down the fort right now. 

18 - 21 (clearly generational Dahlin)

21 - 22

20 - 22

Then in net, aside from noted bust UPL, we have 2 promising youngsters, obviously.

- - - 

All told, the current roster (and results) are getting a little more depressing by the day, and Adams didn't do well by a current roster last season, either, but obviously like 95% of his set-up is still "on the way", (in reality, 15 of the 20 spaces above weren't filled by the players listed above, yesterday (and no, I'm not saying they'll make it/make it at same time)) and the system looks very promising right now, when I went to fill in a prospect/future depth chart like this I was struck by what feels like a deeper system than in years past. 

We shall see.

Fun exercise, but dangerous projecting prospect success so far out, as you know.  Good thing is that majority of these prospects are showing continued positive development and excelling right now.  Also, there are a fair number not included in your lineup (R2, Murray, Weissbach, Kisakov, Nadeau, Bloom, Costantini, Bryson, Novikov) who are doing well and could make a leap.

In addition to that, the 3 upcoming 1st round picks, but also its 8 total picks in 1st+2nd round over the next 2 drafts.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.