Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Levi put on a spectacular performance for Canada East at the World Junior A Challenge as they took home silver. Plenty of agility and great tracking, Levi offers a ton of promise combined with highlight reels. Levi moves and reads the game well, offering up plenty of speed when staying on top of the play. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

And he still ended up going in the 7th round. He has to be a throw in there’s no way he’s one of the two most important pieces to this trade.

So it sounds pretty likely the deal is G Devon Levi, F Aleksi Heponiemi and a 2022 conditional 1st.

That’s not a good return for the player Samson is, especially in division. Feels like Adams and Co rushed the hell out of this deal thinking they HAD to trade one of Samson or Jack before the end of draft night.

Heponiemi is the most exciting part of this. The conditions on the Florida deal better be as simple as him playing for them period. If it’s lottery protected I’ll give it an eye roll because then you traded one of your best players for zero piece that “hurt.” Heponiemi should be in the lineup next season but I don’t know a ton about him other than nobody seems excited about him.

EDIT: does NOT appear like Heponiemi is in the deal.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

@GASabresIUFANcan you correct the spelling of Friedman in the title? It’s been driving me nuts lol

The delay here is interesting. We know it’s not because the trade isn’t done - it definitely is, it’s already been reported Reinhart has been informed of the deal. The assumption has been that Florida hasn’t been able to get ahold of the players they’ve dealt. We’ve heard of Devon Levi already. Teponiemi has been reported to be the other piece.

But then the guy who was wrong about there likely being no trades yesterday says it’s a veteran forward 

There’s a lot of people saying Heponiemi is NOT in the deal and that the rumor originated on a message board. A lot of Panthers fans are mad about allegedly losing him so that gave me some hope but now it appears he’s not in the deal.

I’ll admit besides looking up a few things on Devon Levi this morning, I do not know anything about him.  Is this trade O’Reilly level?  Reinhart for a 2020 7th round pick and a conditional 1st?  Adams could have and should have gotten much more than that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoPre said:

I’ll admit besides looking up a few things on Devon Levi this morning, I do not know anything about him.  Is this trade O’Reilly level?  Reinhart for a 2020 7th round pick and a conditional 1st?  Adams could have and should have gotten much more than that.  

We don’t even know what the trade is yet.  How can someone tell you if it’s O’Reilly level or not?!?!?

This thread is completely out of control.  Everyone just wait until we know all of the trade before getting all crazy.

2 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Not ROR level bad, Levi looked great in WJC for Canada. Sam is an RFA and no way was he gonna resign. Still, I suspect there will be at least one more piece coming back.

If KA likes Levi, that’s understandable as he looked really good and we all know the pressing need for that position.

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

Not ROR level bad, Levi looked great in WJC for Canada. Sam is an RFA and no way was he gonna resign. Still, I suspect there will be at least one more piece coming back.

If KA likes Levi, that’s understandable as he looked really good and we all know the pressing need for that position.

A “pressing need” at the position isn’t going to be filled by a guy who is years away. Levi’s acquisition has nothing to do with the current state of the goalie position.

The more I think about it the more Levi, a 1st (as long as the conditions are incredibly easy to achieve) and another GOOD piece is good value for Samson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.