Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

There isn't a ***** chance, we're about to trade Reinhart in division for Devon Levi a former 7th rounder, who had a cup of coffee in the WJR, and Aleksi Heponiemi who is 5'10" 155 lbs, and has 2 points in 9 games, and hasn't done anything remarkable since Swift Current.  What is all this ***** on conditional status of a 1st.  You mean the 60 point consecutive seasons for Reinhart, which would put him third on your team in scoring at only 25 years old.  If that draft bust Sam Bennett is worth two seconds, then I easily want more than that.  I'm sorry to be fickle, but give me a ***** break if it's Devon Levi, underwhelming not even top 2 goalie prospect in our system and a scrub Fin, who should be overseas for the rest of his career. 

Got to get Lundel in return, then we are talking. If not this team is screwed. Imagine what he will give Jack away for? 

2 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Chad has doubled down that the "third name" he can't confirm is not Lundell.

Holy smokes if KA could not get a top end prospect for a consistent 60 point producer, who finished the season on a higher pace, and is young, we are done. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This trade needs to have a good player coming back.  We got a first round pick and second for Risto.  Not sure but I think Sam is a little bit more of an asset.

Philadelphia is just a dumb team.  KA knew their interest in Risto going back a ways I suspect and exploited it.  Not big time savvy involved there.

Reading this thread I can't help but recall Buffalo selected 1st this year and that story line is being drowned out by this move.  And if the returns are as reported thus far, rightfully so.  No offense to Power, but losing your 2nd best forward is not out-weighed by a talented kid who may remain in the CCHA ranks next season. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Holy smokes if KA could not get a top end prospect for a consistent 60 point producer, who finished the season on a higher pace, and is young, we are done. 

In the division no less.  

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Denisenko and/or Tippett are decent prospects with offence, but they don’t get me excited, or really seem to fit with the Sabres direction.

Denisenko is Russian, when are people going to realize, that this organization is anti Russian.   Svechkov would have been a stellar selection at 14, any competent GM would have plucked that gem.  Aka, a competent drafting team in Nashville.  I question Poile on his sense with the Duchene and Johansen contracts, but they draft very well.  I want Lundell, otherwise this trade is trash.  A conditional 1st, huh.  

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Start preparing yourself for this. It’s what a lot of us have been fearing/dreading as draft day approached and these trades were most likely going to be made. 

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

FWIW, I think there are quite a few people here who aren't that impressed with Power either so there is that.  We went into today with the #1 pick a top 4 defenseman, and a 60 point winger.  We left today with a top 4 defenseman, a 5,6,7 defenseman, a winger who won't play for 3-4 years, a small goalie and a future low 1st round choice. It's a little hard to be excited about that.

Not arguing with your assessment on today's moves.  I don't believe fan sentiment has been lower in years, but management is digging deeper. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.