Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Getting the #13 overall for Risto would be incredible, let alone another 2nd. Shows that Risto does indeed have value, and protecting him over Will Borgen was the right move. All of you that freaked out over that, look at what we just got for Risto.

Darn you.  Just got Brawndo'd. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

• Thorny changed the title to Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (13), and a 2023 2nd

I find it hard to believe they got that much for Risto but then again I always liked him and think the team will sadly miss his aggressiveness. We are a far too easy team to play against and without Risto there is no one to hit anybody. It is a good return mind you and I have no doubt Risto will do really well in Philly (and we have to face him a bunch of times which won't be fun)

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Getting the #13 overall for Risto would be incredible, let alone another 2nd. Shows that Risto does indeed have value, and protecting him over Will Borgen was the right move. All of you that freaked out over that, look at what we just got for Risto.

I still want someone that punches people in the face 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I find it hard to believe they got that much for Risto but then again I always liked him and think the team will sadly miss his aggressiveness. We are a far too easy team to play against and without Risto there is no one to hit anybody. It is a good return mind you and I have no doubt Risto will do really well in Philly (and we have to face him a bunch of times which won't be fun)

Hagg isn't too much of a factor here and the second rounder is a big maybe that won't even be selected for 2 years, we're talking 5+ years until impact, if any, so it amounts to the 13th overall for Ristolainen. It's definitely great market value by Adams. One way to look at it though is a 50/50 shot at a guy who contributes significantly in a few years for a player that, right now, plays among the most NHL minutes of all the humans playing in the NHL. Add in a healthy dose of "we can fix him" from Fletcher and the way he expects that fanbase to come around to Risto based on his physical play, I can understand why the Flyers did it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.