Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

Hagg isn't too much of a factor here and the second rounder is a big maybe that won't even be selected for 2 years, we're talking 5+ years until impact, if any, so it amounts to the 13th overall for Ristolainen. It's definitely great market value by Adams. One way to look at it though is a 50/50 shot at a guy who contributes significantly in a few years for a player that, right now, plays among the most NHL minutes of all the humans playing in the NHL. Add in a healthy dose of "we can fix him" from Fletcher and the way he expects that fanbase to come around to Risto based on his physical play, I can understand why the Flyers did it. 

That’s not how any of this works. Hagg is 26 and likely plays in the NHL this year either for us or another team so he matters even if Charts Guys say he sucks. The 2023 2nd rounder won’t be around for a while but it is a good piece. 13th is the gem but it’s not the only piece to consider here.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

That’s not how any of this works. Hagg is 26 and likely plays in the NHL this year either for us or another team so he matters even if Charts Guys say he sucks. The 2023 2nd rounder won’t be around for a while but it is a good piece. 13th is the gem but it’s not the only piece to consider here.

I'm speaking from Fletcher's POV, how he likely rationalizes a trade like this. 

So, yes, it's most definitely how this works.

Listening to his exit interview talking about the potential for being selected in the expansion draft "whatever happens happens".

He talks about his injuries last season and struggles with his play this year.

He sounds a lot like Risto in the interview (except with a Swedish accent).

• Like (+1) 1

• Thorny changed the title to Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Everyone. Let’s just take a moment. Gather round. Honestly let’s hold hands. Hum a little bit. Bring s’mores if you want. Kiss each other, whatever!

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Yes especially since Hagg is a LHD and we got him too. 

All the LHD

Happy So Excited GIF

But I thought it’s not about need? 🤔 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

14.  Seriously? 

So, is Arizona going to be on the clock for the #11 pick they can't use so ESPN can babble for an extra 10 minutes not pronouncing guy's names right?

And what's the over under for whether ESPN notes that the Cards forfeited that pick?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We’re going to bitch and moan about Hagg and the pick is a coin toss to actually replace Risto.

Meh.  But about what I expected.  Hoped for a legit 3-4 D man that was actually tough instead of wanna be tough and offensively talented. Not to be I guess.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.