Rasmus Ristolainen traded to Philadelphia for LHD Hagg, 2021 1st (14), and a 2023 2nd

Thorny

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Changes nothing.  There was a 95% chance that Risto was gone before Power was in the NHL even if he wasn’t traded at all.

Just glad Risto won't be there to rui... I mean, mentor him.

26 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Getting the #13 overall for Risto would be incredible, let alone another 2nd. Shows that Risto does indeed have value, and protecting him over Will Borgen was the right move. All of you that freaked out over that, look at what we just got for Risto.

I am one of those that freaked out and am man enough to admit that I was wrong.

That said, my freaked outness was tempered by the ... *there must be a big trade for Risto in the works ... there has to be, or Angry NS will show up soon*

Yous all can ralax ... Angry NS is back in the can ... I am happy NS today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That's a really good trade. I can see why Philly did it, but unless we screw up those picks badly it's good and it's more than I expected.

Hagg started his career decently, showed promise, but he sucks now. Makes tons of mistakes. I am guessing they see him as a placeholder for one season if Power goes back to Uni, which he should. 

Personally that 14th (13th if you prefer) pick is a perfect spot to steal L'Heureux ahead of the better teams that will take him around 20ish but I doubt we do that. Otherwise Cossa or Wallestadt should not be passed on if either is still available. 

and 2023 does look like a good draft . 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We only think 14th overall is a lottery ticket because we've drafted like crap for a decade. Risto was 1 year from UFA. What a haul by our GM

This is a great deal, I’m not saying otherwise. It’s a lottery ticket, though.

13th overalls from 2004-2013:

Drew Stafford, Marek Zagrapan, Jiri Tlusty, Lars Eller, Colton Teubert, Zack Kassian, Brandon Gormley, Sven Bartschi, Radek Faksa, Josh Morrissey.

That is a terrible list.

• Like (+1) 1

Wonder who ends up with the #14 overall pick tonight.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's used in another trade so a team giving up a top 10 doesn't fall too far.

Just saying... 🙂

And that's fine.. because.. well even if it's not.. that's a great return for Risto.  And the Flyers fans can look forward to Ovechkin/Risto more often now!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hoss said:

Drew Stafford, Marek Zagrapan, Jiri Tlusty, Lars Eller, Colton Teubert, Zack Kassian, Brandon Gormley, Sven Bartschi, Radek Faksa, Josh Morrissey.

That is a terrible list.

Yeah - but several were made by buffalo so...

Just now, Hoss said:

That is a terrible list.

But 14 overall's on the other hand...

Can land you a Zemgus Girgensons

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

That is a terrible list.

Yeah, the stats are pretty clear.  Bottom half of the lineup and lower is about the expectation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.