NHL Fire Sale: Roster Freeze Ends, 1pm eastern, 7/22

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Success is predicated on talent and not thuggery. If you don't understand why the Sabres are a bottom feeding team then you haven't watch the games closely enough. We simple don't have enough talent to match the opposition. Thuggery doesn't compensate for its talent deficit. Adding more talent to a this roster does. What's obvious is obvious. Old time hockey is part of the dinosaur era of hockey. That pugilistic period is long gone. Get with the modern times and stop pining for the game that no longer exists. 

Agree totally but we do need more physical play.

Just now, Radar said:

Agree totally but we do need more physical play.

I completely agree with you. However, toughness has little to do with fighting. When you watch the playoffs you don't see much fighting but you do see a lot of hardnosed play from the beginning to the end. That's what we need more of. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

15 minutes... until probably nothing but hey, you never know. The lack of leaked reports of moves up until now makes me think things won't happen today. 

I think any trades will be close to the draft or during it.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think the wild make the most sense. They need Eichel and they need him ASAP. 

My issue is that they have MILLIONS in dead cap for 3 years after this one. IMPO I think Dumba or Fiala is part of the deal because that gives you either 6mil or probably 6mil (for fiala) in cap relief. As to adding a young defender back for them, it would not be Samuelsson IMPO but someone like Laaksonen or Bryson. Laaksonen would be a hard loss because I think he's just about NHL ready and is a righty. Bryson IMPO is expendable. 

It won’t happen, but a third team should retain salary in an Eichel Trade to get His AAV Down to a more manageable level for Minnesota. 

The question is the cost of doing so 

Just had the hopeful thought that the reason we haven't seen news of a Sabres trade yet is that Adams is pitting multiple teams/offers against eachother at this very moment.  He has a deal that he likes, but is talking/taking calls with other teams to see if they can beat it, letting them know this is last chance before he pulls the trigger.  One can dream.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.