Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

22 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If you were really into hardcore/punk music… well, we’ve probably seen a lot of the same bands. Well, if you were in the scene between 87-95. Known as the golden age of hardcore punk.

I was still a young lad during those seminal years. 

I had the privilege of booking a lot of hardcore/metal/metalcore/death metal bands between 2001-2009. Some of them were popular in your time range. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:31 AM, Andrew Amerk said:

I was still a young lad during those seminal years. 

I had the privilege of booking a lot of hardcore/metal/metalcore/death metal bands between 2001-2009. Some of them were popular in your time range. 

Not to derail the thread,  but "me too". 90s metalcore is my jam.  New band,  currently on prolonged covid break is channelling that energy. 

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Very interesting.  You know, I’m not totally against an Eichel to MTL trade.  It’s an option if there really is no team offering up a top tier prospect.

There's not a great deal of top prospects in Montreal to send back to us.  Caufield is a RW and it's doubtful that they include him in a deal.  I can't envision a deal that I would like with them.

Just now, Digger said:

There's not a great deal of top prospects in Montreal to send back to us.  Caufield is a RW and it's doubtful that they include him in a deal.  I can't envision a deal that I would like with them.

Yeah, it would be for a package that looks a bit disappointing at 1st glance.  That’s why I said, if no team will give a top tier prospect.  They have some cap space, multiple 1st round picks, and their GM isn’t afraid to go for it.  To me, if feels more likely than most other possibilities.

Montreal has done okay on this overall losing Kotkaniemi (getting a 1st and 3rd) and acquiring Dvorak (for a 1st and 2nd). 

If KK breaks out this season maybe there's some regrets but replacing KK with Dvorak seems okay and they made the best of the situation.

Perhaps their only regret was that they might have tried harder to keep Danault if they knew this was going to happen.