2021 NHL Playoffs 2nd Round

Norcal

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

But we can dream, can't we? Boston takes Rask's cash and Krejci's cash and pulls a JBott-Skinner-level deal with Hall. That'd be sweet.

lol, we can, but history says otherwise. I think they might even walk away from Rask leaving themselves with a boatload of cash and cap room to try a different second line. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol, we can, but history says otherwise. I think they might even walk away from Rask leaving themselves with a boatload of cash and cap room to try a different second line. 

I think that's the right move for them.

I also wonder if they'd be a great fit for Ullmark. Kind of a perfect fit, really. And then @MODO Hockey just trolls us forever. 🍺🍺

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

I think that's the right move for them.

I also wonder if they'd be a great fit for Ullmark. Kind of a perfect fit, really. And then @MODO Hockey just trolls us forever. 🍺🍺

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins went with Vlader and Swayman next year. 

Rask might sign with somebody like Toronto, but I think he might also retire. 

I actually think Ullmark might sign here as he will get a bunch of 2nd string type offers (and the accompanying money) but we will be one of the only ones offering him starting money and term. Not sure it'll be a great idea, I'm 50/50 on it, but I think he will be signed by Buffalo. 

But who knows. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

The interview at the end of the season was a candid expression of his frustration due to his injury situation. And also although not explicitly expressed but maybe more important is his obvious frustration being stuck on a team that has a way to go to compare to the better teams in the league. There is no doubt that the young players played better under Granato. But what is also starkly true is that the Sabres had the worst record in the league and have been shut out of the playoffs for a decade. 

I agree with you that Jack wasn't very diplomatic and didn't exhibit much grace.  But instead of playing the insincere public relations game he told you exactly what he felt. What we learned is that there is a lot of going on between the parties involved. This wasn't your typical buuulllshiitt pro forma exit interview. It was the truth as he saw it. And for that I am not going to criticize him for it. 

Sure.  His frustrations are now out and  on the table. Not directly to Adams, but through the media and for the entire hockey fan base to hear.  I ran an organization and never appreciated learning about something this serious in an indirect manner.  

Jack was honest. I guess that’s something.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

I feel like the Avs D is offensively gifted but not good enough in their own end. Vegas pressuring them and Vegas is winning the 1v1 battles 

They've been praised as recently as a couple weeks ago but they have been average in their own end this series

Still no team in the 2000s that have won a series after sweeping the series prior and playing a team that went 7. The team that went to 7 always wins???

Mind boggling and I seriously thought the Avs were going to do it. 

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

One day when Vegas has a crap team their fans won't know how to handle losing:)   Damn team has been winning since they came into existence.

Built from the bottom up with a strong culture and strong goaltending.............just sayin'. Add the talent AFTER you build the base properly. 

No.

Blow it up every season, hoard no. 1 and 2 picks, then stock up on hack goaltenders and plugs.

Don’t forget to hire rookie GM’s, and coaches with Premier League experience.

Will start working any day now….. 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I love everything about the Vegas team...except for their obnoxious monster truck PA announcer.  👎

The idea is to make it uncomfortable on the opposition. We have a public radio bore, a church choir guy doing the anthem and an organist who thinks he's clever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The idea is to make it uncomfortable on the opposition. We have a public radio bore, a church choir guy doing the anthem and an organist who thinks he's clever.

The uncomfortable part is having to go against the Vegas players...not the idiot with a mic in his hand. 😉

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Sure.  His frustrations are now out and  on the table. Not directly to Adams, but through the media and for the entire hockey fan base to hear.  I ran an organization and never appreciated learning about something this serious in an indirect manner.  

Jack was honest. I guess that’s something.  

Jack is dealing with a health situation that could jeopardize his career. He is also on a franchise stuck in the muck of mediocrity. If his apparent disillusionment with his situation is a surprise to the organization then it is grossly clueless. You don't think that the organization has communicated with Jack and his reps during his injury hiatus? It's safe to assume that there has been communication while he was on the shelf. So it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone in the front office what his attitude was about the situation. 

I'm not going to criticize Jack for candidly answering questions at his exit interview. Would anyone take his responses seriously if he gave some disingenuous responses at the interview when anyyone who had a scintilla amount of knowledge of his situation know that it was untrue? My point is that most people involved in the hockey business both inside and outside of the organization were well aware of what's going on. I'm very confident that the organization and the people who cover the Sabres were not blindsided by any surprising revelations at his exit interview. 

Jack's not the bad guy here; and neither is the organization. Divorce is rarely easy for the parties involved. It's just a difficult situation that the parties have to come together in some sort of accommodation. 

Edited by JohnC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.