Eichel to Meet with Sabres to Discuss Options regarding Neck Injury Next Week

Brawndo

1 minute ago, steveoath said:

Looks like they both are unsure what to do and need a middleground.
This news is not good at all. Obviously Jack has no faith in Sabres, that is unfortunate. Hope it changes quick with Sabres hireing the right coach that can convice Jack to trust Sabres and stay.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Looks like they both are unsure what to do and need a middleground.
This news is not good at all. Obviously Jack has no faith in Sabres, that is unfortunate. Hope it changes quick with Sabres hireing the right coach that can convice Jack to trust Sabres and stay.

With that type of injury, even with surgery, I question his mobility and if he can still play at some intensity ( not shy away from checks).   Maybe its best to trade him for the best return possible.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

With that type of injury, even with surgery, I question his mobility and if he can still play at some intensity ( not shy away from checks).   Maybe its best to trade him for the best return possible.

I honestly do not agree with the trading part. I think Jack is one h3ll of a player and someone we should do all in our efforts to keep. 

Trading Jack for a good return or not doesnt matter to me honestly, because imo Jack is what we need and cannot continue without.
Why?, because the damage that has been done is so deep that it is actually enough fuel if we reach playoffs.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

I don’t think you can just prescribe vague remedies here. From the research I have done for my own purposes, the larger the herniation the more likely it will be reabsorbed (counter intuitive) and that reabsorption mainly occurs within six months. After that, I have not read any source that says additional rest changes the physical attributes of the herniation.

I have no “after” imaging to back it up, but my herniation took 2-3 years to really get back to normal.  At 6 months I was still quite affected.

Neck deals are weird with or without surgeries... Sometimes they get better sometimes not... rule of thumb is dont do surgery unless you absolutely have to... Some of the newer surgeries are showing better results and it helps Jack is young... either way its an iffy deal.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Weave said:

I have no “after” imaging to back it up, but my herniation took 2-3 years to really get back to normal.  At 6 months I was still quite affected.

I don’t doubt it. Spines are funny. There are MRI scans that look horrendous where people are pain-free and then there are others with minor protrusions that cause crippling pain. I had my own lower back issues that took multiple years to clear up. But I don’t know what it looks like now either. I doubt neither one of us would be able to give comfort to Jack.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I have this nagging feeling that when the trainer tried to put Jack into a wheelchair for life, he was done, over it, finished, "I can't even."

I’ve been assured that that incident represented a necessary test (assessment), not an attempt at therapy or pain relief. The fact that it pained Eichel was a bad sign. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

On the 31 Thoughts Podcast Friedman pretty much confirmed that The Sabres and Eichel will be moving on from one another. 

“There is a clear lack of trust between Eichel and the Sabres right now”

I firmly believe Eichel is simply exploiting this opportunity (because of advice from his agent) and timing so as not to be perceived as the villain. His agent said here's a way you might get out and he's taken it. 

This idea that the team has to cater to an individual and prove to him they have a winning culture is bass ackwards . He's the captain, he's supposed to take it on himself right or wrong. At least publicly. Turn the page. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’ve been assured that that incident represented a necessary test (assessment), not an attempt at therapy or pain relief. The fact that it pained Eichel was a bad sign. 

I feel like I missed something. What is this? 

25 minutes ago, SDS said:

I feel like I missed something. What is this? 

When Jack went to the bench after the injury occurred the trainer on the bench moved Jacks head/neck and Jacks response (all on camera) was a mix of pain, shock, anger.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

When Jack went to the bench after the injury occurred the trainer on the bench moved Jacks head/neck and Jacks response (all on camera) was a mix of pain, shock, anger.

I saw that part. I’m just missing this reference to a wheelchair.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

The act of moving Jacks injured neck doesn’t give you a reference?

Now I got it. Thanks. I wasn’t thinking about that when reading the reference. Being thick is my superpower.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’ve had a fair amount to drink: Eichel’s reaction might have been snowflake stuff.

Hey, Jack: Save the drama for your mama.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

The lumbar herniation that lead to my fusion was a small tear that devolved into a large herniation. I was only 28 and full of myself so I carried on through the pain until I started losing function in my left leg. 
 My point? If you’re in enough pain/loss of function that you need the extreme of surgery then you need to change you’re expectation of what you will be capable of. 
 I appreciate @SDSputting up those X-rays. Those implants were not made for hockey players that are still seeking employment.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

According to Dredger things have settled down, both sides talking, and a decision coming soon.  Jack frustrated with not being healthy in a long while. 

Here's the thing:  Jack needs to recognize that the problem with his health is the problem with his health.  Yes, I know it sounds like I typed that wrong, but right now Jack's frustrated and blaming the team.  The reason for Jack's frustration is Jack's injury, not the team.  I think if the disc is healing and it turns out the Sabres doctor and his doctor were right and he can see the light at the end of the tunnel, the frustration will lift and Jack to get back to thinking hockey. 

I hope that if Jack sees enough progress, he decides to make an honest go with the Sabres, and that he convinces Sam to sign a long(ish) term contract instead of a one year deal, and we can see how the Sabres can do with with the youth movement AND a mature 1C in Jack AND either a decent 2C or an excellent 1RW in Reino.  Get the band back together.  WTH, throw Skinner on the wing and if they can score a hundred goals between the three of them, the rest of the team will sort itself out, methinks.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Dont be to sure. It will also depend on what coach they will hire. 

Honestly, no, I don't think it does. 

One thing to remember here is that Jack is, in fact, under contract.  We don't have to move him, period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.