2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

14 hours ago, SwampD said:

Jeff Carter is kind of an underrated player.

Maybe by people who don't know hockey.  The guy is a stud and played a huge role in LA's 2 recent Cups.

He's the sort of "heavy" player I love, with tons of skill and he's not slow.  

17 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

John Tavares just got knocked the ***** out in a bad bad way. Scary knee to the head. Leaving on a stretcher.

Sounds like he is "OK" so to speak, but I'd be surprised to see him again this year.

BTW, I thought the way Foligno went after Perry was really stupid, and I like fighting in hockey.

There's no way in the world that knee was close to being intentional; fighting him over the incident was just stupid, especially after Perry went over and gave Tavares a couple of love taps on his legs as he was stretchered off the ice.

I didn't understand the staged fight at the next face-off at all.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Sounds like he is "OK" so to speak, but I'd be surprised to see him again this year.

BTW, I thought the way Foligno went after Perry was really stupid, and I like fighting in hockey.

There's no way in the world that knee was close to being intentional; fighting him over the incident was just stupid, especially after Perry went over and gave Tavares a couple of love taps on his legs as he was stretchered off the ice.

I didn't understand the staged fight at the next face-off at all.

Old traditions die hard, no place anymore but the players keep it alive. 

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

Woohoo! Winnipeg in OT goes up 2 games. McDavid no points so far.

Yup. When you put everything on one or two superstars they're easier to be shut down by teams that know how to play team D. Perhaps the idea of trading Eichel for 3 or 4 good players isn't as terrible a concept as some think. 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Washington looked old and tired tonight. 

We like to bash the Bruins but that's a team and organization I'd love to have. Their most hated player? Yeah, I'll take him as well.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Are the Oilers even trying to free up either McDavid or Draisital? They seem to be a package deal 9 times out of 10 and thus very "easy" to shut down and take advantage of their weaker depth. Its effectively what Chicago did last year as well.

The Oilers aren't very deep. Their last 3 drafts have some good names in there but b4 2018 it's their first rounder and then bustville usa

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.