2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

49 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

God I wish we would of got Ehlers for Risto.

Maybe Eichel for McDavid? Two unhappy stars.

The Oilers would laugh. They wouldn’t even do Eichel and Dahlin for McDavid. They wouldn’t do Eichel, Samson and Dahlin for McDavid.

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is that allowed? I can't think of many Sabres goals in recent years where the player seemed to give two shits.

Dylan Cozens. Biggest smile I've ever seen after a goal. I'm sure the Sabres will ruin him soon enough to where he doesn't give a *****.

12 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

ROR guaranteed Blues would beat Avs. Avs sweep them 4 straight. Good riddance.😜

12 hours ago, Kristian said:

At least the Blues made the playoffs….

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t really care what ROR does. I wish him well overall and liked the Blues as cup champs. Idk what he ever did to us to warrant disdain. Just a lot of loser’s mentality hating on guys who find success in better situations.

10 hours ago, Norcal said:

***** him. Just because. I have no animosity towards him but he no longer plays for the Sabres. Therefore, ***** him. 

In other news....What a game between Winnipeg and the  McDavids. Action at both ends. 

3 hours ago, Kristian said:

Why blame O’Reilly for this franchise being clueless idiots?

It would be super cool if everyone just moved on.  

3 hours ago, Kristian said:

Why blame O’Reilly for this franchise being clueless idiots?

Agree.  ROR tried to get his team fired up.  They had injuries and they limped into the playoffs but he tried to build on their finish and their late season drive to 4th place.  Leaders do that.  They are not the same as they were 2 years ago, the loss of veterans like Peterangelo and Steen have left holes, Perron is out, Tarasenko was hurt most of the season, and they need to bring in more firepower.  ROR was solid as usual.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  ROR tried to get his team fired up.  They had injuries and they limped into the playoffs but he tried to build on their finish and their late season drive to 4th place.  Leaders do that.  They are not the same as they were 2 years ago, the loss of veterans like Peterangelo and Steen have left holes, Perron is out, Tarasenko was hurt most of the season, and they need to bring in more firepower.  ROR was solid as usual.  

It would be super cool if everyone just moved on.  

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

It would be super cool if everyone just moved on.  

ROR is free to be discussed as is any other topic on the board. He’s no longer in the playoffs but this is still the first round thread and he participated.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Until the team moves forward I don't think the fanbase will 

Excellent point.  The Sabres need to give fans reasons to not harken back to the days of ROR, Briere & Drury.  We thought Jack Sam and Rasmus (you pick), we’re the saviors.  We were led astray.  I think it’s more and more clear, it’s time to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Excellent point.  The Sabres need to give fans reasons to not harken back to the days of ROR, Briere & Drury.  We thought Jack Sam and Rasmus (you pick), we’re the saviors.  We were led astray.  I think it’s more and more clear, it’s time to move on. 

The are a myriad of ways a winning team can be constructed, they just haven't found a way to do it. Everything else is just window dressing and semantics. We can win with Jack, we can win without him. Or we can endlessly rebuild. It's up to the team. 

And they haven't passed the test in 10 years. 

Edited by Thorny

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Who wouldn't make that trade (besides Edmonton). I'd trade Eichel AND Dahlin and three 1sts.

There is a significant gap between McDavid and the next closest on the planet. Trade above also an easy yes for me. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Who wouldn't make that trade (besides Edmonton). I'd trade Eichel AND Dahlin and three 1sts.

Probably wouldn't go that far; we'd end up effectively the same as Edmonton is now with the Best Player in the league along with little to nothing else. If you acquire McDavid for Eichel you have to keep Dahlin in order to assure you're in a better place than Edmonton is presently.

34 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Eichel (25% retained), Asplund, Quinn, 2022 unprotected 1st and protected (top 10) 2023 1st for McDavid

OR

Eichel, Olofsson, Cozens for McDavid.

As soon as Asplund comes out cho mouf, they are hanging up 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.