2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not sure where you are getting this from.

We are interviewing Tocchet, who is also interviewing with the Kraken.

We are also interviewing Boudreau.

I don’t believe Tocchet or Boudreau will be hotly-sought after candidates.

Separately: there’s been a lot of (unfounded) angst with how the league set things up for Vegas but their best player (by a lot) is Mark Stone. That dude is a hell of a hockey player.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

He won’t be traded prior to a coach being there but his fate will likely be mostly locked in before then. We don’t appear to be pursuing anyone who we’ll have a lot of competition to hire so whoever we get will basically be in a “be a head coach or don’t” position.

Wow.  We’re did you get this information?  Are you guessing?  Adams said the search will be thorough.  

Until we get alignment of GM and HC, and  until the owners give someone/anyone time to do the job, we will remain in the rebuild mode.  

Edited by Pimlach

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Wow.  We’re did you get this information?  Are you guessing?  Adams said the search will be thorough.  

I got this information from the fact that this is an abysmal job and we have yet to be connected to anyone I'd expect to get a lot of action on the head coaching market. It doesn't appear there will be many openings this offseason.

15 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Fun game in Vegas

I think Vegas is legitimately the best or second best team in the league - and I don’t think Minnesota is close to them - but they had some really tight games late in the year that is drawing the best out of the Wild. It could end in a 4-1 series win for Vegas but Minnesota has made it entertaining.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t believe Tocchet or Boudreau will be hotly-sought after candidates.

Separately: there’s been a lot of (unfounded) angst with how the league set things up for Vegas but their best player (by a lot) is Mark Stone. That dude is a hell of a hockey player.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I got this information from the fact that this is an abysmal job and we have yet to be connected to anyone I'd expect to get a lot of action on the head coaching market. It doesn't appear there will be many openings this offseason.

Does your list of hot candidates start and stop at Gallant?

21 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Alright, I'm done. The bourbon is all gone and I'm not sticking around for a triple OT game for 2 teams that I don't give a ***** about.

You missed future Sabre Kyle Connor ending the series and saving Paul Maurice's job.

Nice to get the team some rest while the Habs and TO beat each other up.

@Hoss, KC is not going anywhere, he's our best goal scorer.

Smith played unbelievable through the whole series and kept Deadmonton in every game. Coilers fans are as big crybabies as Leafs' fans.

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Nice to get the team some rest while the Habs and TO beat each other up.

@Hoss, KC is not going anywhere, he's our best goal scorer.

Smith played unbelievable through the whole series and kept Deadmonton in every game. Coilers fans are as big crybabies as Leafs' fans.

Jack Eichel will become your best goal scorer and you’ll like it!!

13 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think a coach will have very much impact on an Eichel decision.

I don’t think the coach himself will have a say in it, but who we pick as coach will be dependent on the route the team has chosen to go w/Eichel 

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

You missed future Sabre Kyle Connor ending the series and saving Paul Maurice's job.

Paul Maurice having his job saved by series wins in the faux-playoffs in the North would be a hilarious outcome for Jets fans. The North playoffs are merely a competition to see who loses to probably Colorado in 4/5 games. None of the North teams make it beyond round 2 (and maybe round 1) in a normal format 

EDIT - In before Ducky, "something something, glass houses, something"

Edited by Thorny

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

The Oilers need to be first in line for names like Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton if they become available. And they should also have every single potentially-available goalie on speed dial. Hello, Tuukka?

The NHL, from a business side, can't be happy when their best young player is stuck in a dead end franchise and they cannot market him in June. People like to watch generational payers win championships.

10 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

McDavid to the golf course very quickly. 

So What Shrug GIF by swerk

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The NHL, from a business side, can't be happy when their best young player is stuck in a dead end franchise and they cannot market him in June. People like to watch generational payers win championships.

Do they?

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

Jack Eichel will become your best goal scorer and you’ll like it!!

I'd make the trade even up...if 2.5m were retained on Eichel's contract!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, Eichel will not be coming here...Chevy will not be willing to pay the price and Scheif has opened some eyes here with his D play for the last 8 or so games.

Edited by Ducky

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I don’t think the coach himself will have a say in it, but who we pick as coach will be dependent on the route the team has chosen to go w/Eichel 

Paul Maurice having his job saved by series wins in the faux-playoffs in the North would be a hilarious outcome for Jets fans. The North playoffs are merely a competition to see who loses to probably Colorado in 4/5 games. None of the North teams make it beyond round 2 (and maybe round 1) in a normal format 

EDIT - In before Ducky, "something something, glass houses, something"

I am tired of Maurice as a coach but you can't deny he had a great game plan and got the players to buy in 100%.

We were supposed to lose 4 straight to the Oilers too...good thing we actually play the games instead of going by predictions. I thought we were out of the playoffs with one win to be honest.

Kudos to Scheif's line for giving up O to help shut down McDrai.

4 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t think the NHL has even heard of Connor McDavid so I think they feel fine.

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

I'd make the trade even up...if 2.5m were retained on Eichel's contract!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, Eichel will not be coming here...Chevy will not be willing to pay the price and Scheif has opened some eyes here with his D play for the last 8 or so games.

He certainly opened my eyes with his D, that’s for sure. 😉 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.