2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I am positive now, that when Adams and Karmanos talk about players "wanting to be here" they're talking about Taylor Hall, not Eichel. What an absolute crook.

I think it's pretty obvious (and quite frankly very transparent and cynical) they are pushing that narrative so that fans view Jack and Sam as the heels when those trades happen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I am positive now, that when Adams and Karmanos talk about players "wanting to be here" they're talking about Taylor Hall, not Eichel. What an absolute crook.

Well Adams signed him at the behest of RK.  

Hall will go down as one of my least liked players.  I thought he was a dud in Edmonton too. 

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So it is hyperbole. No need to discuss further. Carry on.

It's not hyperbole at all. The Sabres are epically bad at drafting compared to literally every other team in the NHL. It's not even close. It's just the truth.

Just now, darksabre said:

It's not hyperbole at all. The Sabres are epically bad at drafting compared to literally every other team in the NHL. It's not even close. It's just the truth.

If you go back at all the threads I made of all the rounds 2 thru 7 … it is obvious to most except maybe you… That the Sabres for the most part were right in the middle of good drafting. They were not very good… And they were not very bad… For most of the years.

you could point to teams that were worse… You could point to teams that were better in that time span.

again… Obviously it’s not worth discussing. Because you already have your mind made up. So carry-on.

The problem is everybody has their different definition of what a  “successful hit” is. So it’s a fluid judgment call.

• Like (+1) 1

Nathan MacKinnon is an absolute beast. Best all around player in the league IMO. Colorado built their team right.

The Sabres get Eichel and still somehow ***** that up and have no clue how to build a team around him. I get more and more pissed watching just how good hockey can be when managed the right way. Really starting to hate the Sabres organization. 

57 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

It shows very clearly how completely dysfunctional the Sabres are imo. 

I don't know if dysfunctional is the right word, but it does perhaps speak to how they become okay with losing, lack effort, and don't pull together as a team. It runs deep, and thus is the reason I firmly believe a reset is the only answer, and that's not guaranteed success, but not resetting is certain to fail.

40 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Nathan MacKinnon is an absolute beast. Best all around player in the league IMO. Colorado built their team right.

The Sabres get Eichel and still somehow ***** that up and have no clue how to build a team around him. I get more and more pissed watching just how good hockey can be when managed the right way. Really starting to hate the Sabres organization. 

McDavid is still the best player but I think MacKinnon is a definitive number two at this point. I hope Edmonton gets it together because I want to see McDavid vs MacKinnon become a playoff thing.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

McDavid is still the best player but I think MacKinnon is a definitive number two at this point. I hope Edmonton gets it together because I want to see McDavid vs MacKinnon become a playoff thing.

I’d say McDavid is the most skilled player, but for best player I also consider the intangibles of leadership and determination. For a playoff series I’d rank Crosby, Patrick Kane, and MacKinnon at the top.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be reasonably satisfying to see McDavid and the Oilers go down to a team that was an absolute tire fire down the stretch, in the very first round. Will we hear rumors doubting his "leadership" and suggestions of moving him to LA for Turcotte or Arizona for Keller?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It would be reasonably satisfying to see McDavid and the Oilers go down to a team that was an absolute tire fire down the stretch, in the very first round. Will we hear rumors doubting his "leadership" and suggestions of moving him to LA for Turcotte or Arizona for Keller?

Matthews would be even more fuN!

I cant watch Nedeljkovic without being angry...How can I team with very little goaltending depth, Carter Hutton in its top two, pass on him on waivers????????

If Adams wasn't brand new to the job, id say that is a fireable offense.

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Matthews would be even more fuN!

That we've won a playoff series (HOW?! It's been *FOURTEEN* years) more recently than them is pretty much the only trump card going for Sabres fan right now re: that rivalry. I despise the Habs (how I feel about most Canadian teams due to oversaturation) but I'd like to see them take out Toronto in round 1 quite a bit 

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

That pos Kadre should be getting another 1st rd suspension. Likely won’t.

I think he gets suspended for sure 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That we've won a playoff series (HOW?! It's been *FOURTEEN* years) more recently than them is pretty much the only trump card going for Sabres fan right now re: that rivalry. I despise the Habs (how I feel about most Canadian teams due to oversaturation) but I'd like to see them take out Toronto in round 1 quite a bit 

I think he gets suspended for sure 

BELIEVE ME, i live right in Leaf Nation, nothing finer than seeing them lose in a series against a team like MTL  that shouldnt even be in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.