Jump to content

"It's time to trade softee Reinhart"


Recommended Posts

I'm guessing he gets traded this summer. His value is sky high, great success without Eichel. I doubt he will sign a long term deal in Buffalo, unfortunately that means we have to trade a very good player in his prime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I personally think 40-50% of threads fall into that category ūüėā

100% of the ones I start 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, it's pretty hard to find a guy who has demolished every single negative rap against his game in such meticulous fashion.

60% in the faceoff circle tonight ‚ÄĒ continuing a trend ‚ÄĒ including winning a draw to set up his own game-winner.

19 points in his past 19 games, coinciding roughly with the move to centre. I'm going to miss this guy.

But don't worry, I'm writing down names for when he goes all post-Buffalo ROR on our *****.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like his mediocre post game pressers. Reacts like Ralphie did in Xmas Story when he got the pink bunny suit.

Gotta go. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy oh boy the s#*@t that floats on here. Is there nothing better to do in Buffalo than whine. SR would be a welcome addition to any freaking team in the league. Someone kill this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

Boy oh boy the s#*@t that floats on here. Is there nothing better to do in Buffalo than whine. SR would be a welcome addition to any freaking team in the league. Someone kill this thread.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bunomatic said:

Team mvp

In the land of the blind, one-eyed man is king.

 

20210425-125920.gif

Edited by pi2000
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Reinhart has the game winner in each of the Sabres past three wins, and five of our 14 overall.

He's tied for 20th in ES goals in the NHL and is 8th in goals overall. Jack Eichel was 8th in goals overall last year. Jeff Skinner was 12th when he got his $9 million contract.

The last time a Sabre finished top 10 in goals for a season prior to last year was when Thomas Vanek finished 8th with 40 goals in 2008/09. Vanek wasn't that good at faceoffs either.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klos1963 said:

I'm guessing he gets traded this summer. His value is sky high, great success without Eichel. I doubt he will sign a long term deal in Buffalo, unfortunately that means we have to trade a very good player in his prime.

perfect time to trade him. If for no better reason than to save you all from falling off this bandwagon when he disappoints down the road. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

His full name is Samson Reinahrt but everyone calls him Sam since not even his father will claim him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to point out, Sam Reinhart is our most consistent 25 goal scorer. But who needs one of those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do we have two threads both saying we need to trade Sam? And why are we so quick to want to trade our best player consistently year after year, who on a team that seems to attract injury problems misses very little time and at this point could actually be given the "C"? Oh I forgot we also traded ROR Kane Lehner and a pile of other guys that are doing fine elsewhere. Yeah lets trade him for basically nothing as we did with so many others before him... and you trust this team to get fair return for him (or Jack if and when they trade him too)?... 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

Why do we have two threads both saying we need to trade Sam? And why are we so quick to want to trade our best player consistently year after year, who on a team that seems to attract injury problems misses very little time and at this point could actually be given the "C"? Oh I forgot we also traded ROR Kane Lehner and a pile of other guys that are doing fine elsewhere. Yeah lets trade him for basically nothing as we did with so many others before him... and you trust this team to get fair return for him (or Jack if and when they trade him too)?... 

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Reinhart does this every season. When things matter he is invisible. When the season is over he turns it up. It is so nauesesting.  What a loser with talent 

Sam Reinhart has never played a meaningful game as a Sabre so I’m not sure how you deduce this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Reinhart does this every season. When things matter he is invisible. When the season is over he turns it up. It is so nauesesting.  What a loser with talent 

Most Sabres seasons during his career were over in November.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be time to trade him, and let's put aside the important conversation about whether or not he wants to be here.

This is a salary cap league. Any team even close to contention is going to be near the cap limit, within a couple percentage points. So how do you be a good team? You have to be getting value for what you're spending.

The question is this... If Sam is looking for 8 million per year for example, are you going to get $8 million per year production out of him?

That's really the key. At some point you have to have a handful of your top 10 players who are outperforming their contracts.

It's not weather or not Sam is a good player, but with what you're paying Eichel, and Skinner, and Okposo... You're going to have to make hard decisions going forward... Harder than they should be because of those contracts... That any big contracts you give out you have to be getting great value for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where was this Sam during the middle of the season when he had something like 5 points in 20 games.... That's when the team needed him the most and he didn't show up most nights.   

Now he's lighting it up in meaningless games with a contract on the line, what does that tell you about his values?   Winning? Meh.  Money?  Definitely.

I just hope they take the entire body of work into consideration and not just his recent play.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Where was this Sam during the middle of the season when he had something like 5 points in 20 games.... That's when the team needed him the most and he didn't show up most nights.   

Now he's lighting it up in meaningless games with a contract on the line, what does that tell you about his values?   Winning? Meh.  Money?  Definitely.

I just hope they take the entire body of work into consideration and not just his recent play.

So what you are saying... is Reinhart performed better as a center than as a winger without a center. 

RK might have saved his job if he pulled a Donny G and moved Sam to center earlier. Good on Reinhart for being so adaptive and awesome at hockey that he was able to elevate his game after getting thrust into a new role. Shows a lot of maturity and skill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • LGR4GM locked this topic

[This is an automated response]

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.

  • Meh 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...