GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Reinhart and Reesto have been noticeably bad to me tonight, though Risto had some good passes on that power play

If we wan Reinhart to be a centre, then he needs to learn from this experience.

9 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Love Sam' offensive talent but he is soft as baby sh*t.

I’m starting to think that Sam is Pierre Turgeon and we need to find Pat Lafontaine. Turgeon had a nice career but like Sam, he was more of a great complimentary guy and not the driver you need against the Bruins.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m starting to think that Sam is Pierre Turgeon and we need to find Pat Lafontaine. Turgeon had a nice career but like Sam, he was more of a great complimentary guy and not the driver you need against the Bruins.

Maybe he's campaigning for the Lady Byng.

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This in a nutshell is Sam-moxey guy

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

We know Sam can be a really good complementary player. But if he can't elevate, fine... there's still a role for him. That just means someone else needs to step up for him to complement. Mitts, Skinner, Cozens, Thompson, Olofsson... none of them are escalating today either. We can't just rely on Eichel. (And Cozens, but he's not ready to be the alpha yet).

(For the Samson thread --- if you move him, move him this summer so you can maximize the return from a team with a free season on him before he's a UFA.)

..again, if Sam isn't scoring he's largely a liability.    

Has anybody ever seen him go into a wall battle and come out with the puck?   

His compete level is just too low, the young guys are working their tails off and he's mostly a spectator, smh.

17 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

The Flyers were the other always physical team, but they got away from that amd have sucked ever since. 

They have not completely git away from it over the years, it just that the NHL was never going to like the antics of the  Broad Street Bullies era ever exist again.  If the refs called an honest game Philly would not have been out opponent in the 75 season.  

BTW - I edited my posts to read 60’s

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

..again, if Sam isn't scoring he's largely a liability.    

Has anybody ever seen him go into a wall battle and come out with the puck?   

His compete level is just too low, the young guys are working their tails off and he's mostly a spectator, smh.

Yes. Probably hundreds of times at this point in his career. It's usually with positioning, a pinch, and a quick stick. He does it quite frequently. But if it's a grapple/tackle battle, then no... then the puck is likely going the other way. Perhaps the better question, does he win more or lose more pucks along the wall?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Really hope you're wrong about that, primarily because absolutely didn't like Turgeon (never rose to Smehlik, Housley, Satan, or Zhoey Zhuneau level of dislike, but was ecstatic when the rumors that LaFontaine would come to Buffalo were swirling) and it was because of the style he played and his never once getting dirty.  But you might have something there.

Actually like Reinhart.  But maybe that's what it is that keeps the preference being keeping him on the wing.  Not strong enough in front of his own net.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.