GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

He really isn’t big, very strong on his skates though.

6 feet and almost 200 LBs.  Wide frame, strong, able to use his body to protect the puck, can be physical if needed, skates in both ends.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Yum, PM me the recipe if you feel like sharing. I'm Irish/Native American so I have no clue how to make good meatballs. Mine always suck.

Costco frozen meatballs work pretty good for those of us not naturally talented in the kitchen.  I'm partial to the chili sauce & grape jelly combo as an appetizer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

He’s been getting shelled all season in the AHL. Getting shelled in the NHL for a game won’t make much difference, I guess. At least he will have a glimpse of the speed and where he needs to go. 

This is a bizarre year to be this far down the depth chart.  What was the purpose of the Johansson trade?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Primary objective and secondary objective. Get someone you believe in (Ullmark) and someone else you're also going to go to battle for.

I'm not sold on Ullmark as a #1, and I think he is gone after this season anyways. They need a game plan for a true #1 until Portillo is ready. I'm not sure 6K is gonna cut it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Taylor Hall is bringing them to the promised land, lol. Boston is gonna bounced from the playoffs fairly quick.

It's certainly showing against us. (They also are undefeated since the trade deadline.) What happens in the playoffs is still far away, but they'll be a tough out for the Caps, Isles, or Pens. They might even be the favorite to come out of our division's bracket.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm all for UPL, but he may get ruined tomorrow. Just like the Sabres to bring a guy in too soon and let him get mentally *****.

Biron got shelled by the Pens getting called up too soon.

Miller was in tears after getting destroyed by the team he grew up watching.  Getting pummeled tomorrow won't ruin him.  And, hey, if he gets lucky, he can have something positive to look back on.  (Expecting the pummeling, not the shining moment, but that's why they play the games.  Sometimes that horseshoe up the butt works. 😉 )

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

This is a bizarre year to be this far down the depth chart.  What was the purpose of the Johansson trade?  

It was odd. But apparently he couldn't stop a puck in practice, either. And rarely made a game-changing save in the lineup. A change of scenery (and Colorado's possession game) sometimes is all you need. But it would be nice to have him as an option now that Ullmark is out.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Costco frozen meatballs work pretty good for those of us not naturally talented in the kitchen.  I'm partial to the chili sauce & grape jelly combo as an appetizer.

I love cooking and am pretty good at most things, but I can't make a good meatball to save my ass, lol.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The goals he's given up in the Pens game they won & these 2 B's games haven't been good.  Dark could be onto something that he's running on empty.  He faced a ton of rubber running w/ the taxi squad and has faced a lot of shots the past few games.

Wondering if they'll give him the entire day off tomorrow and have Hauser as the backup.

He's done a really nice job given that he's not an NHL goalie and hasn't been in years. But they've been riding him pretty hard and it was bound to catch up. Even an NHL goalie would struggle playing so many games in a row on this condensed schedule. 

Nothing but respect for what Tokarski has managed to do.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm not sold on Ullmark as a #1, and I think he is gone after this season anyways. They need a game plan for a true #1 until Portillo is ready. I'm not sure 6K is gonna cut it.

Neither am I, given the injuries. A healthy Ullmark is a middle-of-the-pack starting goalie, even on this team. On a good team, Ullmark is a very solid NHL goalie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Seems strange to give up on UPL in favor of a guy whose highest level of achievement has been college backup.

Goalies are weird and they take time.  IPL just turned 22 last month and has only 25 AHL games.  His future is far from decided.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Neither am I, given the injuries. A healthy Ullmark is a middle-of-the-pack starting goalie, even on this team. On a good team, Ullmark is a very solid NHL goalie.

He would be a good 1a.  Find him a solid partner and the Sabres could have a goalie combo like Don Edwards and Bob Sauve.  

Just now, Curt said:

Seems strange to give up on UPL in favor of a guy whose highest level of achievement has been college backup.

Goalies are weird and they take time.  IPL just turned 22 last month and has only 25 AHL games.  His future is far from decided.

I watch the Amerks, and he has looked like ass, and I have seen no improvement. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.