GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I honestly believe there is no use in going after Marchand.  He wants you to go after him.  He wants you to be thinking about him.  He wants to get in your head.

Yeah and when ur not paying attention one of his boys finishes his business 

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Yeah, I was ready to throw Mitts on the trash heap, but he has turned his game around. But I wish he woulda gone after Marchand better. He shied away from him. 

He looked like a high school math nerd being bullied. Actually looked scared. Sad that nobody else got involved. 

We were never in this game. They are so much stronger on the puck . 

Tokarski was not good. We might have already burned him out. 

Thompson is back to being a useless giraffe. I'm going to exaggerate here for the sake of the example, but this guy wants to be or thinks he can be Connor McDavid and has to learn to be Tom Wilson. Until he gets that mindset into his head he's not going to be anything.

Borgen was okay. Caggiula slightly more noticeable but still a non factor. Overall this is what it was, a bunch of kids in over their heads, hesitating, disorganized, and afraid or uncertain. Either way, tentative and timid. 

Our only hope tomorrow is they take us lightly and UPL dazzles in a surprise. 

Hall didn't score, but he's using his body more and he does seem to fit in as a Bruin, with their style, far better than he did here. Can't stand that whole thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Brutal. Boston absolutely owns them. The Don has had no answers during this series. 

And he’s not going to. The Bastards have a far more veteran team with a lot of players that have played together for years. 

The Sabres lineup is a lot of young players and patchwork stuff. I’m not disappointed at all with the result. The Sabres tried and this was the best they could get with what they have against who they were playing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Look at the players on Boston.  They are used to winning.  They expect to win, especially against Buffalo.   

If and when we find a front office to turn this around, this is the model I like.  Boston plays the style I like to watch and cheer for.  Being in St Louis, I enjoyed seeing the Blues “out Boston”  them.  The Bruins are a team I really respect but never cheered  for.  

Right.....I'd take that. Boston has talent, they are not Meatheads. 

Boston is better than Pittsburgh, Washington and the Islanders as far as I see it

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is a bizarre year to be this far down the depth chart.  What was the purpose of the Johansson trade?  

This fanbase would have rioted rather than give JJ the net for 3 in a row or 5 of 7 so he could get comfortable like he has. Everywhere he has gone, he has succeeded. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Boston is better than Pittsburgh, Washington and the Islanders as far as I see it

They're not the big bad Bs any more but the new guys have more skill so they compliment the top line offensively when they're rolling. 

Just now, gomper said:

What do you expect? Them to take 2/3 from Boston? They have a very young team getting experience. They are nowhere near the talent of the Bruins. 

I agree. A good team beat a young team trying to learn what it takes to win. I hate the Bs with a passion but I'm meh right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

And he’s not going to. The Bastards have a far more veteran team with a lot of players that have played together for years. 

The Sabres lineup is a lot of young players and patchwork stuff. I’m not disappointed at all with the result. The Sabres tried and this was the best they could get with what they have against who they were playing. 

That's their 5th game against the Bruins and 4 of the 5 they had their 3rd best goalie playing and in all 5 their best forward & their best defensive defenseman were on the shelf.

They battled tough in 4 & got rolled in 1.

Let's see how Granato gets them to react to adversity.  This is the 1st embarrassing result since the losing streak ended.  Coach them up, Don.  Don't need to see a win tomorrow, though that would be nice; but have to see them compete for 60.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

I honestly believe there is no use in going after Marchand.  He wants you to go after him.  He wants you to be thinking about him.  He wants to get in your head.

He still needs a good ass beating to back him off. He'll continue to take his little cheap shots until someone knocks his beak off.

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

He looked like a high school math nerd being bullied. Actually looked scared. Sad that nobody else got involved. 

We were never in this game. They are so much stronger on the puck . 

Tokarski was not good. We might have already burned him out. 

Thompson is back to being a useless giraffe. I'm going to exaggerate here for the sake of the example, but this guy wants to be or thinks he can be Connor McDavid and has to learn to be Tom Wilson. Until he gets that mindset into his head he's not going to be anything.

Borgen was okay. Caggiula slightly more noticeable but still a non factor. Overall this is what it was, a bunch of kids in over their heads, hesitating, disorganized, and afraid or uncertain. Either way, tentative and timid. 

Our only hope tomorrow is they take us lightly and UPL dazzles in a surprise. 

Hall didn't score, but he's using his body more and he does seem to fit in as a Bruin, with their style, far better than he did here. Can't stand that whole thing. 

I agree with everything 100%. Great post!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:That's their 5th game against the Bruins and 4 of the 5 they had their 3rd best goalie playing and in all 5 their best forward & their best defensive defenseman were on the shelf.

They battled tough in 4 & got rolled in 1.

Let's see how Granato gets them to react to adversity.  This is the 1st embarrassing result since the losing streak ended.  Coach them up, Don.  Don't need to see a win tomorrow, though that would be nice; but have to see them compete for 60.

I didn’t think the game tonight was embarrassing when looking at both lineups. I thought the Sabres were somewhat competitive tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

He still needs a good ass beating to back him off. He'll continue to take his little cheap shots until someone knocks his beak off.

Absolutely. He's a Napoleon style bully. To beat a Bully - you beat him up and then you do it again to remind him that you are serious and you are not taking his crap anymore

• Awesome! (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Yum, PM me the recipe if you feel like sharing. I'm Irish/Native American so I have no clue how to make good meatballs. Mine always suck.

Stop clawing them.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

THIS has been said since Marchand came into the league by every single teams fanbase. And NO player has been successful at “shutting him up” or “kicking his ass” or “making him pay”.  At least not to a lasting degree:
I’m looking forward to the day he retires or can no longer play. I give props to the offense he produces and his motor. But I hate everything else about how he plays the game. For me and me only, he’s a massive scum bag..

And no, it’s not envy or jealousy. If you knew me, you wouldn’t think that. 

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I didn’t think the game tonight was embarrassing when looking at both lineups. I thought the Sabres were somewhat competitive tonight. 

They were competitive for a while but pretty much the entire 3rd the B's were alternating between doing whatever they wanted and simply bailing on their goalie because they had no fear of the Sabres coming back.

Embarrassing MIGHT be overkill for what happened, but in context of how essentially this same team battled them the 1st 4, this was embarrassing.

22 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Disagree. I see the Bruins getting picked apart by the Isles boring game and their coaching. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

THIS has been said since Marchand came into the league by every single teams fanbase. And NO player has been successful at “shutting him up” or “kicking his ass” or “making him pay”.  At least not to a lasting degree:
I’m looking forward to the day he retires or can no longer play. I give props to the offense he produces and his motor. But I hate everything else about how he plays the game. For me and me only, he’s a massive scum bag..

And no, it’s not envy or jealousy. If you knew me, you wouldn’t think that. 

I agree 100%. His little stick jabs when no one is paying attention really annoys me. Someone should just pounce on him and kick the living ***** out of him. I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet. As offensively gifted as he is, he's just as dirty, and he doesn't need to be. He needs to get ***** up beyond belief. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.