GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

He's done a really nice job given that he's not an NHL goalie and hasn't been in years. But they've been riding him pretty hard and it was bound to catch up. Even an NHL goalie would struggle playing so many games in a row on this condensed schedule. 

Nothing but respect for what Tokarski has managed to do.

Absolutely.  And he's shown that next year having him 3rd on the depth chart won't be the worst thing that could happen (even though he'll likely be Luukkonnen's backup, would expect he'd get the call if necessary unless UPL really ups his game).

But the 2 goals against the Pens & Tuesday were stoppable.  As were the 2nd-4th tonight.  (Not sure he could do anything about #5.)  What's really weird about tonight's game is had just got done telling the wife how much better Tokarski's rebound control had been tonight right before that point shot beat him & then everything went to pot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I watch the Amerks, and he has looked like ass, and I have seen no improvement. 

I’m not guaranteeing anything, but he is talented, still young, and development is often not linear.

I would have said the same about Mitts that you said about UPL, until recently.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Too many games in a row for Tokarski

Think the shine is off.  There is a reason he went 4 years without a win. 

not to blame him completely tonight but a unscreened shot from the point can not go in. 

team has to learn to fight through games where the goalie gives up a clunker 

Excited to see UPL but realize he isn’t a finished product yet.  
he will learn from the experience and be better for it, no matter how it goes 

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I’m not guaranteeing anything, but he is talented, still young, and development is often not linear.

I would have said the same about Mitts that you said about UPL, until recently.

Yeah, I was ready to throw Mitts on the trash heap, but he has turned his game around. But I wish he woulda gone after Marchand better. He shied away from him. 

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Rough game for the Dahlin/Joki tandem.  Boston really exploited them tonight.

This is one reason I am in favour Dahlin-Borgen and Bryson-Jokiharu for a bit more balance.  IMHO, the third pairing should be a defence-first pairing.

• Like (+1) 1

Would really like to see the same 6 D tomorrow, but with Borgen paired w/ Dahlin & Bryson-Jokiharju.  That way they can cut down on the chance of having Jokiharju &/or Bryson going against the Bergeron line.  And, am partial to more balanced pairings.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This is one reason I am in favour Dahlin-Borgen and Bryson-Jokiharu for a bit more balance.  IMHO, the third pairing should be a defence-first pairing.

Just now, Taro T said:

Would really like to see the same 6 D tomorrow, but with Borgen paired w/ Dahlin & Bryson-Jokiharju.  That way they can cut down on the chance of having Jokiharju &/or Bryson going against the Bergeron line.  And, am partial to more balanced pairings.

Jinx. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Yeah, I was ready to throw Mitts on the trash heap, but he has turned his game around. But I wish he woulda gone after Marchand better. He shied away from him. 

I honestly believe there is no use in going after Marchand.  He wants you to go after him.  He wants you to be thinking about him.  He wants to get in your head.

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

not to blame him completely tonight but a unscreened shot from the point can not go in. 

I believe it was 6 years. 

Look at the players on Boston.  They are used to winning.  They expect to win, especially against Buffalo.   

If and when we find a front office to turn this around, this is the model I like.  Boston plays the style I like to watch and cheer for.  Being in St Louis, I enjoyed seeing the Blues “out Boston”  them.  The Bruins are a team I really respect but never cheered  for.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Set up for a huge game from UPL tomorrow night. I'm not saying it's gonna happen BUT...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.