GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Ok then who did they add that simply put them over the top because "punching"

Hasek. Hasek constantly threw punches, sticks, blockers, whatever he could throw, etc.  He didn't put up with anything and the team fed off that and also didn't let him get touched (because every team's MO against him was to crash the net and try to rattle him).

Boston's got a great PK, but we're sluggish as well. Not a good combination.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

Boston is just so much more tenacious on the puck than Buffalo.  Like wolves on a sheep.

Tenacity is what we need more of. 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

FaCeoFFs dOn'T MAtTer 

They don't. Also, note which center won that faceoff. 

Edited by LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

... so they became more experienced. 

Being tougher, doesn't mean adding punchers or playing dirty. I will die on this hill. 

I never said they added punchers, other than Bogo. But their whole mentality changed. They came together as a team and played much more physical. Something that Boston does year in and year out. I could not envision watching a non physical Boston team. 

The refs are gifting this game to Buffalo. Apparently they are more into giving than receiving.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

I never said they added punchers, other than Bogo. But their whole mentality changed. They came together as a team and played much more physical. Something that Boston does year in and year out. I could not envision watching a non physical Boston team. 

Same. Been watching them for many years. It's how they draft. It's part of the organization's DNA. Not necessarily fighting, but just consistently physical.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

... so they became more experienced. 

Being tougher, doesn't mean adding punchers or playing dirty. I will die on this hill. 

Well... just one puncher for Marchand's sake? But they do need their top six to stick up for themselves. Mitts, Reino, Olofsson, Skinner... they all get pushed around. They don't clear the front of their own net in a scrum. They need to force the opposition to clear them from the front of the opposition net. They need to be willing to win a battle of human confrontation, not just a skill competition.

These guys need to play a playoff series (even a 4-game one) just to learn what they need to be able to bring to any game that they need.

They need to become the Dumonts and Griers of the new core.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.