GDT Bruins at Sabres 4/22/21 7pm MSG/WGR550

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

No complaint Thursday thread eh? I'll do it here then.

My wife is having lithotripsy to remove a 6mm kidney stone tomorrow. She's essentially nonfunctional right now. Yay.

My older son felt a pop when he was throwing a shot put the other day went to the trainer today and is now on the shelf with a possible growth plate injury in his upper femur and we won't find out until Tuesday. If he did that his track season is probably over meaning he won't get an opportunity to qualify for the League championships as a freshman (he needs 3 feet 3 inches more in javelin) and his spring hockey calendar will be shot to hell.

Hope the Mrs is okay... Kidney Stones suck. They'll fix her .....

Sorry about Jr, too.... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

My wife is having lithotripsy to remove a 6mm kidney stone tomorrow. She's essentially nonfunctional right now. Yay.

My older son felt a pop when he was throwing a shot put the other day went to the trainer today and is now on the shelf with a possible growth plate injury in his upper femur and we won't find out until Tuesday. If he did that his track season is probably over meaning he won't get an opportunity to qualify for the League championships as a freshman (he needs 3 feet 3 inches more in javelin) and his spring hockey calendar will be shot to hell.

I hope things all work out for your son. In regards to your wife I had a 5 mm kidney stone and all I can say is thank god for the hydromorphone. Good luck to her.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

She has them periodically and this is the third time in 19 years of marriage she's needed lithotripsy. It sucks for her. The worst part is it's just a ticking clock until the next one. Tomorrow will fix the current issue, but it will happen again, her anatomy is too small to pass much of anything by itself. 

Sounds like tough week for you too. Hang in there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

6mm is big. I had a 10mm one stuck in the right ureter. I went to lithotripsy ... twice, 40 days apart. Between the lithotripsy and pounding lemon juice and water non stop for weeks ... it passed (broken up) about 4 days after the 2nd lithotripsy. I saved the damn stone, because it was still 5mm!  I hope your wife is successful in passing it later tomorrow. I’ve learned three things.  Water Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. I wasn’t drinking water enough for years. I was an iced tea junkie. Was.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

6mm is big. I had a 10mm one stuck in the right ureter. I went to lithotripsy ... twice, 40 days apart. Between the lithotripsy and pounding lemon juice and water non stop for weeks ... it passed (broken up) about 4 days after the 2nd lithotripsy. I saved the damn stone, because it was still 5mm!  I hope your wife is successful in passing it later tomorrow. I’ve learned three things.  Water Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. I wasn’t drinking water enough for years. I was an iced tea junkie. Was.

me too...never again with tea......oxalates in the tea cause the stones

• Like (+1) 1

Well, same two teams show up and play pretty much the same games, you should expect pretty much the same result, no?

Toker letting in a couple AHL goals tonight was basically the difference in the two games.

Thompson and Skinner each had great chances late, but both were pretty much passengers all night long, particularly Skinner: out of sync with the play.

Damn, WTF is wrong with the Bruins?

Pastrnak, their best player, slammed face-first into the boards on a dirty hit from behind by Ristolainen, and not one teammate stood up to send a message.

Not then, not later.

That team has no balls and no heart.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

Well, same two teams show up and play pretty much the same games, you should expect pretty much the same result, no?

Toker letting in a couple AHL goals tonight was basically the difference in the two games.

Thompson and Skinner each had great chances late, but both were pretty much passengers all night long, particularly Skinner: out of sync with the play.

Really frustrating that Ullmark was only available for 1 game against these guys.  Because this team & the Aisles are the 2 that we need to see how the kids play against and it's tough to evaluate them in games where the other team has the clearly superior GTing.

Overall, except for the Marchand goal that nobody paid any attention to the back door off the rush, thought the Mittelstadt & Cozens lines held their ground decently these past 2 games.  The Bergeron line got chances, but it always will.  And it did most of its damage against the 2 veteran lines.  

Eye testing, it doesn't seem that Granato line matches all that much.  Would be interesting if the stats back that up.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really frustrating that Ullmark was only available for 1 game against these guys.  Because this team & the Aisles are the 2 that we need to see how the kids play against and it's tough to evaluate them in games where the other team has the clearly superior GTing.

Overall, except for the Marchand goal that nobody paid any attention to the back door off the rush, thought the Mittelstadt & Cozens lines held their ground decently these past 2 games.  The Bergeron line got chances, but it always will.  And it did most of its damage against the 2 veteran lines.  

Eye testing, it doesn't seem that Granato line matches all that much.  Would be interesting if the stats back that up.

I was thinking the same about the line matching, and situational coaching during a game; there really isn't any.

I really think that Donnie's marching orders are: "play the kids in all situations, let's see what we've got"

Which is exactly what I wanted the team to do, and smart GMing, if in fact it's coming from Adams.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I was thinking the same about the line matching, and situational coaching during a game; there really isn't any.

I really think that Donnie's marching orders are: "play the kids in all situations, let's see what we've got"

Which is exactly what I wanted the team to do, and smart GMing, if in fact it's coming from Adams.

But that doesn't argue for keeping him, innit?

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It would make sense on a certain level for that to be the plan.  And them not pulling Samuelsson to add Borgen is additional ammo towards that being the goal these final 3 or so weeks.

Again, really stinks that Ullmark is out because it's tough to evaluate the kids (& the coach as well, for that matter) in a game when the entire 3rd period was played in throwaway time.  Hopefully a couple days rest lets Tokarski get back to being more than he is or Luukkonnen surprises, because if neither happens, the true evaluation window was only 15 games long.  And a lot of these guys were only available for a fraction of it.

(Plus, really want to watch winning AND entertaining hockey down the stretch; draft positioning be d*mned.  And the goaltending of the final 30 minutes will not allow for it.)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Damn, WTF is wrong with the Bruins?

Pastrnak, their best player, slammed face-first into the boards on a dirty hit from behind by Ristolainen, and not one teammate stood up to send a message.

Not then, not later.

That team has no balls and no heart.

Even the Bruins knew he dove.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.