Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

This is more likely the Sabres doing for the most part. They choose who does and doesn’t speak to the media at team events. Outside of that it’s not like members of the media can just text Jack and ask him out for lunch.

No, but they could have stalked him outside the arena, or at the airport?  😉

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

No, but they could have stalked him outside the arena, or at the airport?  😉

No stalking necessary. There were a couple local sports guys who talked to Eichel last week. All off the record, all professional. There’s just nothing to see until there’s something to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

There's not much substance to Friedman's comments today.  He had the one sided podcast on Jack Eichel's preferred surgery too.  His personal opinion is not worth much more than anyone on this forum.  He's trying to control the narrative I suspect maybe.  I know arbitration has been mentioned many times, if it's an actual option I wonder why it's not being explored since both sides are at an impasse.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Friedman is getting his info from the agent and filtering it. Most of the above is opinion with the only real interesting part if teams haven't seen Eichel's medical records and what the restrictions are on them.

If, and that's a big if, Adams is refusing to show other teams the medical records he's a freaking moron holding up a potential trade but that feels unlikely to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

Who exactly are all these people casting a jaundiced view of the league because of the Jack Eichel stalemate? I have not seen a single story discussing this that hasn’t been written by an “insider” a “blogger” or a fan who wants him traded to “their” team. Is it being covered by ABC. NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, CSPAN, ??? Is their a Ken Burn’s documentary being written? Is Congress investigating?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Who exactly are all these people casting a jaundiced view of the league because of the Jack Eichel stalemate? I have not seen a single story discussing this that hasn’t been written by an “insider” a “blogger” or a fan who wants him traded to “their” team. Is it being covered by ABC. NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, CSPAN, ??? Is their a Ken Burn’s documentary being written? Is Congress investigating?

I haven’t seen a single interpretation of the situation that doesn’t view it as an absolute disaster, much of which is the franchise’s doing, outside of this fan base.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Friedman is getting his info from the agent and filtering it. Most of the above is opinion with the only real interesting part if teams haven't seen Eichel's medical records and what the restrictions are on them.

If, and that's a big if, Adams is refusing to show other teams the medical records he's a freaking moron holding up a potential trade but that feels unlikely to me. 

It’s been reported by several people that Adams hasn’t shown any teams Jack’s medicals.

27 minutes ago, Digger said:

There's not much substance to Friedman's comments today.  He had the one sided podcast on Jack Eichel's preferred surgery too.  His personal opinion is not worth much more than anyone on this forum.  He's trying to control the narrative I suspect maybe.  I know arbitration has been mentioned many times, if it's an actual option I wonder why it's not being explored since both sides are at an impasse.  

I suspect it’s Brisson, the supposed professional who was gonna get things done but, like Fish before him, has resorted to orchestrating another propaganda campaign in favor of his client. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Digger said:

Bingo. Friedmann has been carrying water for the Eichel camp for a while. The Dr. Prusmack interview is one glaring example. Considering Pat Brisson's roster of athletes, Friedmann has an interest in maintaining a good relationship.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I haven’t seen a single interpretation of the situation that doesn’t view it as an absolute disaster, much of which is the franchise’s doing, outside of this fan base.

It’s been reported by several people that Adams hasn’t shown any teams Jack’s medicals.

Why is that? Is it because those reporters are putting a narrative out for the agent's purposes? The same agents that provide them all those juicy scoops? Fair and balanced is not a requirement in sports journalism. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Who is talking about it?  I’m seriously asking. Other then message boards or “insiders” who is talking about it?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Can you show me some of them?

Only thing I can find is from the first week in July. 

Edited by LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is that? Is it because those reporters are putting a narrative out for the agent's purposes? The same agents that provide them all those juicy scoops? Fair and balanced is not a requirement in sports journalism. 

All I’ve ever read or heard from anyone in the media on this is 99% op/ed and 1% actual reporting. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

No stalking necessary. There were a couple local sports guys who talked to Eichel last week. All off the record, all professional. There’s just nothing to see until there’s something to see. 

If it was off the record, how do you know what was said or if it was “professional”?  Enquiring minds want to know 

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If it was off the record, how do you know what was said or if it was “professional”?  Enquiring minds want to know 

I don’t know what was said and never claimed to. I only know that while he was in town a couple of local guys were able to speak with him strictly off the record and it has stayed that way. Thus my characterization as “professional.” I’d bet most if it was ball busting, good natured stuff so I doubt there’s much there to chew on anyway. 

Just now, K-9 said:

I don’t know what was said and never claimed to. I only know that while he was in town a couple of local guys were able to speak with him strictly off the record and it has stayed that way. Thus my characterization as “professional.” I’d bet most if it was ball busting, good natured stuff so I doubt there’s much there to chew on anyway. 

No worries. My post was kind of tongue in cheek. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Just checking in. Is he gone yet?

Nope.

Unless you mean in the Ra Ra Rasputin context ... that cat really was gone ... 😎

See you in another 50 pages for your next check in.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
GOODLY!!

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Respected reporter reports information that does not support my personal worldview of Jack Eichel situation

Only possible conclusion is that he must be an ethically challenged w-h-o-r-e (surprised that doesn’t pass the filter).

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Agreed. The thing I’m hung up on is why other teams don’t already have his medical records. Unless there is some weird CBA clause, a patient can request, review, and copy their medical records at any time. With a copy in hand, they can also distribute them out to anyone they please. Patients are not bound by HIPAA. So, again, unless their is a weird CBA clause, it seems like Jack’s camp is the one who are hiding things. 

• Like (+1) 1