Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Respected reporter reports information that does not support my personal worldview of Jack Eichel situation

Only possible conclusion is that he must be an ethically challenged w-h-o-r-e (surprised that doesn’t pass the filter).

This is exactly how every single piece of Eichel information has been filtered here. If it doesn’t support Adams as a genius and Eichel as a garbage human it’s just agent propaganda.

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Who is talking about it?  I’m seriously asking. Other then message boards or “insiders” who is talking about it?

Other fan bases, both involved and not involved in pursuit of Eichel.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Can you show me some of them?

Only thing I can find is from the first week in July. 

You’ve already done the research and my results would be the same. There’s no reason to believe there would be a change in circumstance there.

Edited by Hoss

Put an offer on the table.  Include Ts & Cs that alter or void the offer based on medical information, with the ultimate Condition being a physical by the acquiring team's medical staff.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance and his agent should be able to work this out, even without full access to the medical records right now.  I'm sure they have a pretty good idea what's going on medically, enough to make an offer pending Jack's physical by the acquiring team.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I haven’t seen a single interpretation of the situation that doesn’t view it as an absolute disaster, much of which is the franchise’s doing, outside of this fan base.

It’s been reported by several people that Adams hasn’t shown any teams Jack’s medicals.

How can Adams expect to make a trade without giving the other teams his medical records. Makes no sense.

46 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Other fan bases, both involved and not involved in pursuit of Eichel.

You’ve already done the research and my results would be the same. There’s no reason to believe there would be a change in circumstance there.

So we want our GM to make his decisions in order to acquiesce other fanbases? We now care that much about what other fans’ perception is of our franchise? Seriously that is who we are worried about?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I haven’t seen a single interpretation of the situation that doesn’t view it as an absolute disaster, much of which is the franchise’s doing, outside of this fan base.

It’s been reported by several people that Adams hasn’t shown any teams Jack’s medicals.

What is there to even see in his medical records? 

It seems like public knowledge by now what his injury is, and what the proposed treatment options for it are. 

38 minutes ago, tom webster said:

So we want our GM to make his decisions in order to acquiesce other fanbases? We now care that much about what other fans’ perception is of our franchise? Seriously that is who we are worried about?

No, but I’m glad you asked. I’m talking purely about messaging and image in this continued failure to secure a deal. There’s plenty of other reasons this deal should be done.

30 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

What is there to even see in his medical records? 

It seems like public knowledge by now what his injury is, and what the proposed treatment options for it are. 

His records are absolutely essential here. I don’t think there’s anything more vital in this situation.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

This is exactly how every single piece of Eichel information has been filtered here. If it doesn’t support Adams as a genius and Eichel as a garbage human it’s just agent propaganda.

The absurdity of “Eichel as a garbage human being” aside, every single piece of Eichel information proffered by the likes of Friedman, et al, has had a decided anti-Sabres bent with not one scintilla of reported fact. Is it any wonder that with the constant attacks against the team that some might take offense and back Adams in the face of such unfounded reports? 

The Sabres suck, people hate the owners and management, Adams is the new target and so with every piece of Eichel information some people have a need to filter it as proof positive that Adams is a garbage human being. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The absurdity of “Eichel as a garbage human being” aside, every single piece of Eichel information proffered by the likes of Friedman, et al, has had a decided anti-Sabres bent with not one scintilla of reported fact. Is it any wonder that with the constant attacks against the team that some might take offense and back Adams in the face of such unfounded reports? 

The Sabres suck, people hate the owners and management, Adams is the new target and so with every piece of Eichel information some people have a need to filter it as proof positive that Adams is a garbage human being. 

It’s worth considering the possibility that a franchise that’s been the worst in the NHL and potentially the worst in all of pro sports for more than a decade now that finds itself in one of the worst player-team dispute in modern American sports history is the one primarily responsible for the situation. It’s immaculately obvious to me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

It’s worth considering the possibility that a franchise that’s been the worst in the NHL and potentially the worst in all of pro sports for more than a decade now that finds itself in one of the worst player-team dispute in modern American sports history is the one primarily responsible for the situation. It’s immaculately obvious to me.

Well that seems to support the idea I stated previously, that any piece of Eichel information is gonna be filtered by some as indicating Adams is a garbage human being. Just as some have a need to defend Adams in the face of these unfounded attacks, you and others have that need to accept these op/Ed pieces as factual evidence that the team is solely at fault. All because they suck on the ice? 

Never mind that none of that information is confirmed factual reporting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Put an offer on the table.  Include Ts & Cs that alter or void the offer based on medical information, with the ultimate Condition being a physical by the acquiring team's medical staff.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance and his agent should be able to work this out, even without full access to the medical records right now.  I'm sure they have a pretty good idea what's going on medically, enough to make an offer pending Jack's physical by the acquiring team.

Exactly right.  Put together an offer and say it 100% depends on seeing and assessing the medical records.  

25 minutes ago, Hoss said:

His records are absolutely essential here. I don’t think there’s anything more vital in this situation.

Then a better headline for Friedman is "LA Kings (or insert any NHL team name) are interested in trading for Jack Eichel and have officially asked Buffalo to see his medical records".  Then the fan base would turn towards Adams and wonder why they haven't been provided.  Just because they were not e-mailed out to every team doesn't mean they are not available upon request.  Apparently St. Louis is used as the example of how to operate with Tarasenko's medical records available to everyone but he still is not traded either. 

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No, but I’m glad you asked. I’m talking purely about messaging and image in this continued failure to secure a deal. There’s plenty of other reasons this deal should be done.

A) I could not care less what people on social media think. Like every other issue, there is nowhere near the unanimity that you portray.  

B) when there is a deal worth being taken, it will be done. I don’t care if it happens tomorrow, next month or next year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

So I tried to convince myself last week that I was just going to view the Sabres as a team they way they are without Eichel. I was going to pretend he didn't even exist.  They are who they are, with Dahlin and some high draft picks.   IF/When Eichel gets traded I'll think about it then, but for now I'm looking at the team as if he is/was never Sabres property.

However, I just can't stock checking out this thread.  

• Like (+1) 2

You guys are arguing about who is the bad guy without any information.   The “ respected” writer may only know what his source tells him, which likely is biased in some way.  

Eichel is sitting out the season.  No GM is taking this in on with camps starting. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

It's obvious the pressure campaign is working on you. You're getting antsy at what "other teams think" and you want Adams to just make a deal to make this all end. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You guys are arguing about who is the bad guy without any information.   The “ respected” writer may only know what his source tells him, which likely is biased in some way.  

Eichel is sitting out the season.  No GM is taking this in on with camps starting. 

The mistake being made is the one where people assume Friedman’s rant wasn’t from dozens of conversations he’s had on this issue with many sources. Instead, Friedman’s “source” is mentioned singularly. That’s not how it works.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's obvious the pressure campaign is working on you. You're getting antsy at what "other teams think" and you want Adams to just make a deal to make this all end. 

It’s obvious you and Webster are missing the entire point. The perception is the result of the failure. The failure is the problem, not the perception.

43 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So nothing new....?

Yes. John wants a surgery that the Sabres won’t approve of, and has the free will to get the surgery anyway and won’t do it. He could file a grievance but hasn’t done that either. 

John wants a surgery that worked for a couple of MMA players who fight once a year for 5 minutes, but there’s no data that it will work for an NHL player who plays 82 games a season for 22 minutes a night getting hit at 30mph every night by opponents wielding a weapon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I think we’re overstating Eichel’s worth to the sports world here. He plays for the least popular team in the least popular major sports league. And he’s not the face of the NHL either, not even close. Given his injury history, I wouldn’t even put him in the top 20 players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

So the way to improve is to cave and give Eichel away? Okay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Yes. John wants a surgery that the Sabres won’t approve of, and has the free will to get the surgery anyway and won’t do it. He could file a grievance but hasn’t done that either. 

John wants a surgery that worked for a couple of MMA players who fight once a year for 5 minutes, but there’s no data that it will work for an NHL player who plays 82 games a season for 22 minutes a night getting hit at 30mph every night by opponents wielding a weapon. 

Who is John?  By context, I assume you mean Eichel?